Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Construction & Engineering . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Finance & Accounting . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . IT . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Funding Programme Manager (Oncology)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
South East Permanent Ref: AB/J3193
As science funding programme manager you will have the day-to-day management of the Research Grant Programme. This will include the processing of applications and peer reviews as well as the monitoring of grants. You will lead on the review and evaluation of the impact of our funded research to inform the streamlining of the grant programme as part of our strategic goals. As funding manager you will also play a key role working closely with colleagues from the Communications and Fundraising departments to drive research innovation, supporter communications and income growth.
- Oversee the processing of grant applications
- Initial assessment of applications for suitability and eligibility
- Oversee and overall management of the Peer review process
- Updating/revising the Guidelines and electronic forms after each grant cycle and managing the promotion of the new cycle
- Management of updating of Grant Panel handbook
- Liaising with Operations Department regarding grant finances and contributing to the grant programme related budget
- Developing documentation for the Board for review by the Director of Research Funding and Science External Relations and senior executives.
- Coordinate the process of announcing the newly funded grants and deliver the training to other departments
- Contribute to work measuring the impact of the funded research, e.g. assisting with statistics on
grants and analyses of grant portfolio and outputs/outcomes of grants.
- Produce monitoring reports/tables for internal and external dissemination of funded research.
- Review Fundraising proposals and act as the first point of contact for FR requests.
- Providing summaries of research projects targeted to different lay and scientific audiences e.g. for use by Fundraising or Health Information Departments.
- Assisting the Director of Research Funding and Science External Relations in setting up new initiatives and collaborations or managing existing collaborations.
- Responsible for any further development and implementation of Benefactor grant software, especially regarding the scientific coding/developing of outline forms.
Qualification Skills and Experiences
- Experience of research management and administration in a research funding organisation.
- Proven ability to synthesise and analyse research findings and summarise information in a concise manner.
- Demonstrable understanding of epidemiology as applied to nutrition and/or cancer.
- Proven experience of scientific writing
- Proven experience of working with administrative systems in a scientific administrative environment
- Experience of working with and maintaining databases including grant management databases accurately and managing research committees.
- Understanding of the role of diet, nutrition, physical activity in cancer prevention and survival
Benefits: Our client offers a wide range of benefits including Flexi-Time, 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days at 5 years service), Private Healthcare, Dental Scheme, Life Assurance, Season Ticket Loan & Pension Plan.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson, at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 02035880781 07814547440.
A cover letter (no more than two sides + cv are required to apply).