Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Product Developer (Electrical Engineer)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
As an experienced electrical engineer in developing products you will play pivotal role in the ideation, design and development of new products global R&D organisation. As an electrical product engineer you will lead the detailed design and definition of the unique Consumer (and Manufacturing) product features arising from the portfolio of innovation projects. As an electrical engineer working with consumer electronics you will be required to contribute to future concept portfolios to drive future pipelines.
- Lead R&D continuous improvement projects for electronic design:
- Briefing device electronics development to external partners
- Project manage initiatives ensuring progress to plan / budget
- Facilitate design reviews and manage relevant stage gate documentation
- Conduct root cause analysis into device quality issues and product returns.
- Review and manage electrical device engineering documentation including engineering drawings, test reports and technical manuals
- To lead and establish a ‘best practice’ approach for the definition and execution of Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
- To initiate and lead supplier relationships required to design and develop appropriate measurement and evaluation equipment and processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree - e.g. Product Design, electronics mechatronics or electrical engineering
- Experience within mass manufacture consumer electronics industry
- Experienced in optimising complicated circuits to achieve safe operation, power reduction, competent in power supply design and familiar with most topologies.
- An excellent understanding of PCB and component costs
- Can analyse performance across process, voltage and temperature variations.
- Can devise HW architecture to meet requirements using appropriate technology to meet cost targets.
- Experience in writing and debugging software/firmware for similar hand-held electronics devices
- Knowledge of battery technologies, specifications and performance. Able to test and select batteries for use in THP devices and appropriate safety circuits.
- Understands electronic assembly failure modes and can develop investigatory techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of PCB design and chipset selection for BT and WiFi applications.
- Excellent problem solving skills and experience in using a variety of fault finding techniques
- Ability to manage any PCB CAD software package, making recommendations for process and setup improvements. Antenna/device/system design to meet international type approval regulations
- An understanding of consumer electronics technology roadmaps/evolution and proposing and designing for future trends and technologies that are relevant to our consumers and markets
Full Time. Permanent Benefits Package Includes Non-contributory pension, Strong bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, on site gym, subsidised catering. To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org