Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Design)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
South East Ref: ABJ3738
A senior mechanical engineer with a design focus is urgently required to join the Innovation Team for a Global organisation. As senior mechanical engineer you will have experience in design for manufacture and scale up and work as part of the global manufacturing team developing and delivering commercial manufacturing solutions for future technologies. This role overlooks all aspects of a project’s lifecycle from ideation through to deployment.
The successful candidate will develop and assist in the delivery of new innovative technologies in line with company requirements to provide consumer relevant innovations whilst supporting a sustainable business model. Supplier interaction pivotal to the role.
Responsibilities include the transformation of product requirements into tangible, commercial, reliable engineering solutions for use in consumer devices, co-ordination of activities within internal teams and external partners to verify designs, project planning and execution, and project reporting.
- Undertake all necessary activities in the Mechanical Design, development and proving of new innovative solutions throughout the product life cycle. (concept – develop – launch)
- Creation and review of external prototype designs to ensure product and business needs are met
- Provide input to Procurement in Supplier Selection – including identifying key technical requirements
- Ensure external manufacturing / assembly capability is in place.
- Design, development and validation planning and ownership
- Providing technical support and guidance for project engineers within the team.
- Completion of technology feasibility studies.
- Specification & design of new manufacturing technologies & processes.
- Qualification of new designs within the development and manufacturing environment.
- Providing technical documentation to support new designs.
- Review of the technology landscape to enable the development of future technology platforms.
- Degree or equivalent in electronic or mechanical engineering, mechatronics or related product design degree. Proficient CAD user.
- In depth knowledge of product development and manufacturing techniques and technologies
- Strong analytical skills in design problem solving for both processes and products.
- Experience of supplier validation processes
- Intuitive designer.
- Hands on experience in component design and evaluation for electronic devices.
- Experienced in employing development techniques such as FMEA, DFA, DFM, etc
- Chartered Engineer (desirable)
- An understanding of FEA analysis techniques to assist in rapid development of designs
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, Prince2.
- Any device, batteries, electronics e.g. from a telecoms background desirable
Full Time. (35hr week) Benefits Package Includes Pension, Strong Bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes.
To Apply: If you would like to be considered for this role, please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment Please call on 07814547440 OR +44 (0)203 909 3782, or apply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to: email@example.com