Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Shift Analytical Chemist (Inorganic)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
Shift Analytical Chemist (Inorganic) c32k
South East ABJ3834
An analytical chemist (ICP, IC experience preferred) is urgently required to contribute to the efficient operation of the inorganic quality laboratory by the accurate and timely analysis of samples. As an inorganic chemist you collate and interpret associated data initiating corrective action where appropriate. As an inorganic chemist you will support process and product development work assist in customer support activities and assist the laboratory supervisor.
Full training could be given to a graduate with an understanding of inorganic chemistry.
Because of the nature of the shift work this can lead to long hours (and a higher salary) but also more days off per month including night shifts and day shifts on a rota.
- Knowledge of Quality systems, testing methods and equipment operation in connection with inorganic chemistry e.g. IC, ICP, GC-MS x-ray fluorescence spectroscopy.
- Analysis of samples.
- Recording of analytical data.
- Development of analytical test methods.
- Development of operating procedures.
- Carrying out analytical projects, producing suitable reports on completion.
- Acceptance of samples into the laboratory, verification of Lab logbook entry, complete identification and security.
- Timely analysis of samples in accordance with product specifications and designated methods.
- The recording in full of analytical measurements in personal workbook or designated worksheets, along with signature and date.
- The preparation of delivery samples, with correct labelling and Certificate of Analysis, and their distribution.
- The regular routine calibration of instruments and equipment, in accordance with the prescribed techniques and frequency.
- The recording of calibration results and reporting any anomalies.
- The regular routine standardisation of reagents in accordance with the prescribed techniques and frequency.
- Give close attention to appropriate chemical hygiene, laboratory cleanliness, and housekeeping.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or HNC in Chemistry or related field.
- Industrial Chemistry Background or lab experience desirable
- Experience or understanding of inorganic analytical techniques e.g. IC, ICP GC-MS etc
- Full training could be given to a graduate with inorganic experience or understanding.
Shift patterns that will also involve night work and long hours but well rewarded.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting a rewarding job that supports a progressive expanding business. If you are interested in this position please apply to:
To Apply: Please send a word doc cv to Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, Ref: ABJ3824, and call on 0203 909 3782 07814547440 to email@example.com.