Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Chemist / Materials Chemist
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
As a chemist or Materials Scientist or Materials Chemist with a background in polymer science you will support new product development / formulation work and provide technical support and advice to colleagues and customers. You will work with a range of functions including pilot plant, manufacturing and business support.
This is a newly created role to support an expanding part of our client’s organisation and will focus on new product development, testing, qualification and selection of materials. It is a role involving close contact with some of our client’s key customers - working to understand their needs and desires and demonstrate how our client’s products deliver against their customers’ criteria.
- To manage and execute short and long term development activities according to the plan for the Formulated Materials Development department.
- To develop and evaluate new products for new and existing applications, to bring them to market speedily and effectively.
- To ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- To ensure good communication with and appropriate involvement of other R&D functions, i.e. the Polymer Development and Technical Service teams, as well as the commercial teams. This includes using the R&D job request systems and appropriate reporting in line with the R&D ISO9000 manual.
- To liaise with plant personnel and provide technical support and assistance to resolve production and quality issues, and participate in or lead global cross-functional technology teams as required.
- To be responsible for the provision of formulations and aid in the scaling up of new products.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry Materials chemistry or materials science Polymer Science.
- Experience in a polymer based R&D/ manufacturing environment.
- Experience in coatings, emulsions or polymers background
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage own workload and work to deadlines.
- Excellent team working skills and strong communication skills.
- Able to train and coach more junior colleague as required.
- Quality conscious and methodical approach to work, with excellent attention to detail.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ3849 on
on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org