Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Quality Manager (QA Manager ) Innovation
Location: South, United Kingdom
As an essential part of the Global Quality team as Quality Manager you will be responsible for establishing, managing and improving the Quality Assurance of New Product Introductions through product and process validation of new technologies. As quality manager you will work very closely with various functions to develop the relevant Quality Processes to support and assure Quality is embedded within these technologies. This role enables quality to be built into design, development and commercialisation for product and process through advanced Quality planning and excellence in innovation deployment.
As Quality manager you are contributing to ensuring end to end successful launches, the role needs to work closely with multiple stakeholders.
- Participates in the technical development and delivery of Innovation on behalf of the Quality workstream through concept, design, development and commercialisation stages.
- Contributes to Quality being integrated into each project deliverable and specific Quality protocols.
- Identifies and develops the Critical to Quality requirements for innovative products based on product concept, brand quality expectation and consumers’ research findings into a Quality Requirement Specification (QRS).
- Applies advanced Quality planning tools based on APQP for design, development and qualification of new products, and builds the Quality Plan for each innovation.
- Ensures robust DFMEA from system to component level, tolerance stacks completed and aligned with DFM and robust PFMEA for all process steps.
- Works with the technical team to develop the Design Verification Plan & Report and the required test methods to support.
- Supports prototype development & manufacture and review and approve based on validation testing.
- Supports qualification of new technology & process and reviews & approves process capability and process validation reports. Where required, reviews and approves PPAPs.
- Provides input and governance for Technical Reviews & Technical Approvals from Quality.
- Inputs into the continued development and improvement of the Quality Innovation team and delivery of its KPIs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level in Engineering or equivalent Applied Science.
- Experience of electronics/ device manufacture.
- Emphasis in design, manufacturing, quality, test, reliability activities and statistical/ data analysis skills.
- Working knowledge of APQP and experience in PPAP approval.
- Experience of establishing quality protocols and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of SPC and Continuous Improvement tools.
- Experience in working across multiple functions/projects is preferred.
- Effective influencing, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt fast and self-develop.
Full Time. Permanent (35hr week)
Benefits Package Includes Pension, Bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, subsidised catering.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment on 07814547440 OR
+44 (0)203 909 3782 or apply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to: email@example.com