Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Polymer Materials Chemist (Innovation)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
12 month contract
A senior polymer chemist is urgently required to leading the evaluation and development of Polymeric Materials from existing and future materials categories as part of new product introduction for a global organisation.
- Lead, own and deliver the development of polymer material technologies for the group.
- Responsible for the qualification of these technologies across all product categories from concept to commercial launch.
- Lead the technical collaboration & partnership with the company’s existing polymer materials suppliers to refine or redevelop materials to meet performance criteria of products.
- Define the performance specification and validation of polymer material technologies for the business.
- Ensure the capture and documentation of any Intellectual Property (IP) throughout the product lifecycle
- Central subject matter expert and Single Point of Contact for the cross-category functions across the Business (e.g. Legal and External Affairs, Marketing, Commercial, Deployment and Finance) on all polymer science aspects
- Support the businesses scientific functions in the development of analytical methodologies required for assessing the suitability of polymeric materials.
- Develop a network of research partners or academic institutions that could support the innovation capability for polymer materials.
- Engage when necessary with external Stakeholders, Regulators and Policy Makers.
- Minimum PhD in Polymer Science, Organic or Physical Chemistry.
- Proven track record in a commercial setting of material developments and performance validation in consumer goods (or similar) sector.
- Experience with Cellulose Acetate or cellulose of filtration fibres
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Formal project management training.
- Understanding or familiarity with root-cause analysis methods and techniques.
- Existing network of 3rd party suppliers or service providers in Polymer Science field.
- Supplier management skills and understanding of Intellectual Property and or, International Patents (Des)
- FMCG (Des)
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting reference ABJ3956 on 0203 909 3782, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org