Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Global Category Manager (Procurement)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
As an experienced category manager in procurement / supplier management you will define and implement the procurement and global category strategy for product portfolio in specific category area for a global organisation for their new range of global products. As global category manager you will drive the delivery of the global category targets through the management of the Sourcing Managers for their category area taking into account business/production requirements, analysing market and supply chain, negotiating contract terms, managing risks and supplier performance and relationship management, to achieve the most competitive terms including price, quality, on-time delivery and sustainability.
- Develop global category strategies in Injection Moulding and Tooling and work with Global Head of Procurement to align the geographic stakeholders and customise category strategies for the geography.
- Be accountable for leading execution of category strategies and ensure appropriate governance.
- Be accountable for its category savings targets across all regions.
- Design category strategies and sourcing plans and deliver those strategies though the Sourcing Managers. The category strategy balances the business needs, company risk and supply market capability to determine the optimum route to deliver maximum value from the category.
- Continuously assess the global and regional market environment, supply base and identify major industry trends and threats. To use this knowledge to define the optimum category strategy for the company.
- Act as subject matter expert for their category area (s) and to maintain and develop this knowledge.
- Support and drive initiatives for the defined key suppliers of the category (e.g. B.E.S.T.)
- Track, review and report on the category performance, plan implementation and KRA’s and to use this information to determine opportunities for further improvement to category strategy definition and target setting.
- To manage long-term ‘Value Management Relationships’ with the global suppliers.
- To define and initiate complexity reduction initiatives and standardisation programmes through involvement of all regions.
- Manage the risk to the company through robust category strategies and sourcing management and by ensuring adherence to corporate compliance, platforms and policy (for example adherence to CSR standards).
- Assist the Supplier Custodian and Contract Owner in the resolution of escalated supplier issues and ensure appropriate supplier management and performance metrics have been agreed.
- Determine the scope, scale and impact of any new products or services required.
- Assess the supply market for these requirements and reflect this in the category strategy and targets.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree qualified Business, Engineering or Science Degree with CIPS MCIPS or similar qualification.
- Membership of The Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply or equivalent country qualification or membership would be an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of the Injection Moulding, tooling and resins categories, including Chinese market place and sourcing, key drivers and levers, supply base and balance of power. Thorough knowledge of supply market, supplier capabilities and competitor activity and trends.
- Detailed understanding of financial evaluation and interpretation of supplier’s records and their key cost and business drivers.
- Full understanding of the category cost drivers and of the factors needed to ensure a robust outcomes (including specification and testing requirements).
Outstanding Benefits Package – Very strong bonus
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ3986 on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org