Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Technical Support Engineer, Surrey
Location: Guildford, Surrey, UK
As well as offering 24/7 support service, they support their clients through a suite of software, enabling brokers to reduce their risk via connection to external liquidity. They have been able to attract some of the most prestigious brokers across the globe by offering solutions to address key business needs such as reducing trading risks, increasing profitability, increasing customer retention and differentiation.
Due to continued expansion, a large increase in global client base and a planned expansion in their class leading Matrix product suite, our client is looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer to join their Support department. Preferably with previous experience in a client facing or support role within the Information Technology and/or Software Testing industry.
Description of Duties
The position of Technical Support Engineer consists of two main roles:
• Providing software support to clients.
• Updating and maintenance of the products installed on clients’ servers.
• Provide technical support to clients
• Troubleshooting software issues and addressing client queries.
• Implementation, configuration and management of both in-house and partner software (MT4/MT5, Double Take backup solutions, etc.).
• Provide out of hours, on-call support to clients on an emergency basis (based on a team rota).
• Prepared to perform weekend overtime work to deploy upgrades and rollouts, or check work untaken, remotely (based on a team rota).
• Build and manage key relationships with clients
• Communicating remotely with clients (telephone, helpdesk system, Skype, Team Viewer).
• Providing direct, on-site client support (when required).
• Prioritising support call responses and resolutions adhering to client SLAs.
• Working closely with development to troubleshoot and resolve client issues (when required), keeping the client informed of all progress.
• Build upon the business and technical knowledgebase of support issues
• Helpdesk software (Web Help Desk).
• JIRA Development tracking system.
• Maintaining and improving the help desk system.
• Identifying opportunities to reduce client necessity for support (i.e. improving documentation, self-help FAQs, ideas for software development, client training, etc.).
• Provide internal support to the team
• Collaborating with colleagues to troubleshoot both internal and client hardware/software issues.
• Suggest continual service improvements within the team.
• Ability to work together with the team to provide constant support desk cover as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent written & spoken English
• Previous experience in a client-facing role (preferably support).
• Works well under pressure and/or to strict time schedules.
• Able to work within defined, documented procedures for audit and compliance purposes.
• Ability to work semi-autonomously without strict supervision.
• A solid problem solving mentality.
• Good understanding of hardware, software and Microsoft Windows operating systems and their maintenance.
• Two (2)+ years’ experience in a client-facing support role.
• University level Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent).
• Financial services background or experience (preferably in the FX markets).
• Knowledge of the FIX protocol.
• Knowledge and or experience of the MetaQuotes MT4/MT5 platforms.
• Basic understanding of ITIL (Service Management module).
• 25 days Annual leave
• Annual Bonus
• 2 days of paid leave for Charity work
• Holiday trading policy
• Matching 4% Pension scheme
• Sick Pay
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Free parking