Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
C++ Developer – Software Development/Engineer, Surrey
Location: Guildford, Surrey
All Software Products are developed at their head office. These are developed using Windows based servers. They develop code in a range of languages with the main products being coded in C++ and C#. The products are server based and need to achieve high reliability and low latency to meet the needs of Financial Trading.
Due to continued expansion, a large increase in global client base and a planned expansion in their class leading Matrix product suite, our client is looking for a server side C++ developer to join their Software Development team.
Description of Duties
Assist in the delivery of complete end-to-end projects, which includes design, document, implementation and unit testing.
Collaborate with the Software Development Team Lead, Development Team and Quality Assurance teams to ensure the operability, usability and robustness of the software, and also to ascertain that it is to the highest quality.
• Design and implement new feature sets and enhancements.
• Resolve reported bugs from QA, Support and Clients in a timely manner.
• Help document any major changesets.
• Updating and creating internal and external documentation.
• Attend project meetings.
• Coordinate with the Support and QA teams on a regular basis.
• Assist in the investigation and analysis of support and production issues.
• Assist in the maintenance and streamlining of current code.
• Basic training of the financial trading will be provided as well as mentoring from an experienced developer.
• 2.1 or greater Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Maths, Science, Computing or Engineering
• Knowledge/experience of object-oriented coding languages, C, C++, C#, Python, Java.
• Good understanding of software & Microsoft/Windows operating systems.
• Highly logical problem-solving skills, with the ability to break down a problem.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter, team player, flexible, able to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
• Organised and meticulous.
• Possess the ability to multitask
• Enjoys and works well under pressure and meet project time scales
• Knowledge of C++ STL library
• Knowledge of Multithreading and real-time software development
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Basic understanding of financial trading, or financial markets
• Experience/understanding of FIX Protocol messaging
• 25 days holiday.
• 4% Matching Pension scheme.
• Annual Bonus.
• Holiday Trading policy.
• Sick pay.
• Childcare vouchers.
• Interest free loan for Season Tickets.
• Free parking.