Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Location: South East, United Kingdom
£cCompetitive + Excellent Benefits
A Senior Microbiologist is urgently required for a busy Laboratory Team. As microbiologist you will iindependently plan and execute technical work program to undertake technical projects under supervision. As microbiologist you will have a detailed understanding in a specific technical area and is able to apply this knowledge effectively to solve customer problems.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with Company Health and safety programs by pro-actively identifying, reporting on and improving safety related issues in the local laboratory area.
- Perform microbiological analysis of raw materials, in process products and finished goods.
- Conduct microbiological challenge testing studies in support of the business.
- Culture collection development and maintenance.
- To support the business with microbial safety and quality issues.
- Support with timely investigation of customer complaints and other sources of nonconforming work.
- Carry out Plant hygiene audits in order to identify processes, practices, equipment and raw materials that contribute to
- microbial contamination.
- Plan and execute project work to develop application and knowledge.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- Develop and maintain awareness in relevant technical fields.
- Provide technical support to operations, R&D, sales, quality and regulatory as required.
- Sample log in and reporting using LIMS system.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Order goods and services, with approvals, using SAP.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology or related field.
- Commercial experience of microbiology
- Experience in a Class II Microbiology Laboratory in the food, pharmaceutical or chemical Industry.
- Knowledge of preservative efficacy testing and testing for biocides.
- LIMS exp.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety issues.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4001 on 0203 9093782, 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org