Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Procurement Manager, Raw Materials
Location: South East, United Kingdom
£Competitive +Bonus + Benefits
As procurement manager for the raw materials area you will drive value from recently purchased chemicals markets to improve purchasing position. As procurement manager you will ensure that due process and purchase of raw materials for support of various company Strategic Business Units. As procurement manager you will develop a strategy regarding the raw materials included in for ongoing and new business opportunities, determining quantity and quality and negotiating cost and contractual terms. Daily collaboration with Market Analyst, Sites and SBUs.
- To drive cost and performance improvement in the company’s procurement of Strategic Raw Materials
- To manage day-to-day purchases and sales of chemicals in the company’s Strategic Raw Materials team in order to leverage the company’s position to add value to the business.
- To support and monitor distribution of the chemicals sites from Suppliers and storage facilities.
- To manage chemicals contracts and execute spot trading strategy in line with what is agreed with the Head of Strategic Raw Materials.
- To determine and implement trading strategies for chemicals while following delegation of authority process.
- To provide the Head of Strategic Raw Materials with such information as is required to report on the performance of the Strategic Raw Materials Team
- Keep abreast of raw materials markets to ensure that informed business decisions are made by SBUs
- Development of strategies related to use/purchase of specific raw materials
- Working closely with technical and operations to implement alternative raw material suppliers
- Effective management of raw material supplier relationships consistent with company strategy as defined by the Head of Strategic Raw Materials and the Procurement Director.
- Support the company’s Integrated Business Planning process and ensure up to date and accurate information is shared through the Supply Point Capability Review
- Conduct monthly analytics on cost savings and KPIs and estimate the annual spend for each commodity within his/her responsibility and leverage these analyses in business planning, strategies and negotiations.
- Maintain trading log showing deals which have been agreed and work with the broader organisation to improve processes to manage such.
Support the development of new products through early involvement with the SBU, Engineering and R&D on alternative identification and supply agreement negotiations.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Education: Graduate, degree qualified, highly numerate.
- Experience: Experience of interacting internally and externally.
- High level strategic procurement management experience
- Managing multiple contacts.
- Trading of chemicals/ raw materials
- Benefits include: 25 days holiday, Medical, Bonus scheme
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ3999 on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org