Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Chemist / Pilot Plant Technician
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
An experienced manufacturing chemist / pilot plant technician with polymer experience or interest in materials / polymer chemistry is urgently required to join a science leader in its field to be involved as a chemist on a manufacturing site (dispersions plant) in order to manufacture products on time and in according to legal and company requirements. As manufacturing chemist you would provide support in a mix of short and long term development projects to support senior chemists and engineers.
- Ensure Compliance to all site Safety Health & Environment (SHE)
- procedures within area of responsibility
- Ability to operate dispersions plants providing cover when
- required for control room operation and downstream processes
- Off load raw materials and pack finished goods along with HP jetting
- Operate the process equipment in a safe and efficient manner ensuring that
- Processes are running within the correct parameters.
- Promote the company core values of team working, communication,
- Decision making, diversity, leadership and high performance
- To liaise with the pilot plant and manufacturing plants and to be able to support a product scale up process, where necessary and appropriate.
- To perform any other tasks reasonably requested to meet business objectives.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of HNC / Degree or qualification in a scientific subject, preferably chemistry.
- Experience in the chemical industry
- HP jetting capability
- Working knowledge of Process Safety
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing techniques (Kaizen, 5S)
- Flexibility is essential as the jobholder may be called on to undertake duties
- throughout the site as directed by the Shift Manager
- Will be required to change shifts to five shift system to support any long term
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively - verbally and in writing - with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- PC proficient, with good Microsoft Office skills.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ3997 on 0203909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to email@example.com