Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Technical Support Engineer (South East - Field based)
Application Deadline: 28th February 2019
Location: South East
The Field Based Technical Support Engineer within UK Limited plays a pivotal role in the creation and support of new opportunities and projects created internally or by integrators, distribution partners or end user to ensure that the best mix of products are used solutions are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner. By providing this important support mechanism, this also ensures that business performance and reputation are healthy to help create sustained business growth.
Key attributes Required:
- Technical expert of products and solutions
- IT network design skills, knowledge and experience
- IP CCTV system design skills, knowledge and experience
- Analogue CCTV system design skills, knowledge and experience - desirable for existing systems and migration)
- Hard working, can work independently and equal team player
- Work with the internal staff of to engage and support distribution partner’s integrators, specifies and end user’s effort based on maximizing the design, specification and utilisation of products and solutions.
- Provide technical support to distribution partners and installers by phone, e-mail and Internet with questions about the entire product line regarding operational uses and issues or projects (installation, network and related technology)
- Provide ‘on-site’ technical support to distribution partners and installers where required in UK and Ireland.
- Identifying and supporting the training and development needs within partners and customers through sales team request and regular consultation.
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend appropriate solutions that optimise value for both the customer.
- Provide coaching and professional development to team-members in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursue additional business development opportunities within partners and customers leading to the increased use of products and solutions.
- Collaborate with internal staff to ensure all opportunities are effectively understood, supported and executed.
- Monitor customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alert the sales and account teams to potential technical risks impacting on deal closure.
- Assisting in designing and expanding training and development programs based on both the organisation’s and the individual's needs.
- Deliver and support demonstrations, training and exhibitions or roadshows relating to products and solutions.
- Maintain and develop the companies adopted CRM system ensuring all data relating to customers, projects and support tickets are accurate and up to date.
- Respond to and follow up on product and solutions technical enquiries.
- Support and resolve any technical issues related to products and solutions, and liaison with colleagues in local or worldwide locations if and when necessary
- Monitor and report on technical support activities and provide relevant management information when requested.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.