Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Legal Counsel (German Speaking)
Application Deadline: 1st March 2019
Location: Canary Wharf
£300-£400 Per Day
Our Client is the world’s leading business partner for managed travel. They help companies and their employees prosper by making sure travellers are present where and when it matters. They keep global business moving with the powerful backing of 000's of travel professionals in more than 140 countries. Companies of all sizes, and in all places, rely on them to provide travel management services, organise meetings and events, and deliver business travel consulting.
They’re moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies that will revolutionise the travel industry and bring greater value to customers. Their clients’ success expands our success, so they put their heart and soul into helping their clients achieve results that exceed all expectations. As the world’s largest travel management company, they are continuing to build alliances with key travel leaders and suppliers throughout the world, strengthening their position as a quality provider to companies of all sizes.
Qualifications & experience:
- UK / German qualified solicitor.
- Broad legal knowledge and experience, specifically within commercial and company law.
- Excellent communication skills in particular the ability to explain complex legal matters clearly and concisely to non-specialists and advise senior leaders persuasively and with confidence. Proven legal drafting and negotiating skills, with strong relationship management skills.
- High level of integrity required for handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience of working both autonomously and as part of a team with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency and under pressure, and to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively to meet tight deadlines and clients’ expectations.
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically.
- Ideally with previous experience of working in-house
- Experience of the travel industry would be an advantage but is not essential. More important are excellent communication skills and a broad commercial background.
- Highly organised individual who can prioritise and manage a varied work load. Self –starter.
- Required languages – fluent in spoken and written English and preferably German. Fluent in English and preferably German, with any additional European language a plus;.
- Legal Counsel providing legal and contractual support to various business units in the EMEA, including sales/client management, global supplier relations, procurement and product & technology.
- Regular contact with senior management and external clients.
- Diverse and varied workload advising on a wide variety of legal matters arising within the business.
- Reporting to VP, Senior Legal Counsel EMEA.
- Drafting, negotiation and review of a variety of commercial contracts.
- As required, work with the global legal team in relation to global legal strategy, standard terms and conditions, and global/regional contracts.
- Proactively identify, evaluate and manage commercial risks.
- Instruct and manage outside counsel when required.