Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Data Scientist , £60-80k
Application Deadline: 29th March 2019
£60k to £80k
City / London
As one of our data scientists, you will work with multiple teams in a multidisciplinary capacity. Our data scientists are not confined to a narrow band of maths and statistics, instead acting in various capacities to deliver data, insight and decisions across the business. Along the way you’ll:
- Develop models to assess credit risk and loan performance, using a mix of traditional statistical techniques and state-of-the art machine learning techniques
- Enhance our fraud detection and prevention capabilities both through the utilization of graph analysis to uncover fraudulent networks and through experiments with a blend of supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
- Work closely with the marketing teams to build response models, optimise conversion, designing and implementing automated underwriting systems to improve performance and/or operations.
- Work with our capital markets team to build compelling stories for investors, acting as a subject matter expert for investor relations, with opportunities to support pitches and presentations
- Integrate your work with our operations team, using our bespoke KPI monitoring and reporting tools
- Act as product owner for our data microservices, working with our developer team to design, build and run key components of our data architecture
- Create compelling narratives through analysis, visualisation and presentation of relevant data to influence decision making across the business.
- You’ll have the opportunity to run your own experiments, teach yourself new skills and find new avenues to develop the company, all with the support of the team.
- We believe the best innovations come from people who are free to pursue their bright ideas, and we’re set up to make the most of this.
What we’re looking for
- We are interested in hearing from a wide range of candidates, from PhDs with years of experience in finance, to recent quant graduates, to software developers looking to move into data science.
- In particular, we’re looking for applicants with the following:
- Strong quantitative skills; we do a lot of stuff with numbers!
- Scripting experience, specifically Python.
- We work in Python primarily (Jupyter/Numpy/Scipy/Pandas/Scikit), and build our data products using SQL, Flask/Django, with web front-ends. Our data scientists learn back end and front end development skills as well as data science.
- Experience in machine learning. Building models for Kaggle competitions is a good foundation; but outstanding applicants will know how to setup and run experiments in the context of a live production system, to monitor outcomes and adapt standard algorithms to our specific requirements
- Desire to solve real business problems. We believe no insight has value unless it directly connects to a business decision. We spend our time building products and solving real problems, rather than endlessly hyper-parameter tuning algorithms in isolation.