Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Field Service Engineer (Medical Systems)
Location: South, United Kingdom
A Field Service Engineer with a background in electrical engineering or a physical science is urgently required for an expanding company to maintain the proper functionality and safety of analytical and medical equipment throughout the UK. In this field based sales role as field engineer will build relationships with customers and businesses, and provide strong technical support. The Company has established a large client base including many universities and research establishments in the UK and the Field Service Engineer would ideally live near Hertfordshire, or Cambridgshire.
As Field Service Engineer you will have knowledge of servicing and maintaining preferably the following instruments: flowcytometer, apheresis and dialysis instruments, and analytical laboratory instruments, clinical and therapeutic instruments. You will provide a high quality service through installing, servicing and maintaining a range of electrical medical equipment.
- Instrument preventative maintenance
- Instrument installations, equipment upgrades.
- Time sensitive corrective maintenance to restore systems to full operation
- Resolve instrumentation issues through hardware and software troubleshooting
- Manage communications (email and telephone) with customers to ensure resolution and correct follow up to assure customer satisfaction
- Prepare, update and maintain accurate logs, equipment performance data, service records and parts usage software
- Communicate effectively with our sales team and application specialists providing our colleagues with information about the needs of our customers
- Train and assist other Field Service engineers on complex troubleshooting and technical fixes
- Active participation with sales teams in upgrades and service contract renewals within the assigned region.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Qualified and certified professional education in engineering, electrical engineering or a physical science.
- Equipment support experience in biotech instrumentation, field service repair, fluid control systems, and system level electrical/mechanical troubleshooting
- Excellent computer networking, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Flow cytometry and/or laser experience would be an added bonus, though not essential
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time, occasional international travel
- Travel fits your lifestyle
- Experience in analytical or medical equipment with proven professional experience, in particular in the flow cytometry environment.
- Substantiated knowledge of electronics, mechanics, fluidics, optics, computers and PC software. Knowledge of medical safety regulations, specifications and inspection requirements for medical devices required.
- Basic knowledge in natural science, haematology, diagnostic, therapies and biology.
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment.
- Experienced in providing customer telephone support to operators of analytical and medical devices.
Must possess a full valid MANUAL driver’s licence to legally drive in the UK
Working week (5 days) – 4 days on the road one day at home.
Benefits: includes a generous pension scheme, company car, O.T.E bonus scheme, good holiday entitlement.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson, job ref ABJ4134 on 0203 909 3782 or 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org