Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Regulatory Specialist (REACh / CLP)
Location: South, United Kingdom
As Regulatory Specialist as part of the global Regulatory Compliance team you will have Product Stewardship & Regulatory Compliance experience understanding. With a regulatory background you will help to ensure global compliance through developing, managing and maintaining systems for the companies chemical products and raw materials in order to remain compliant with different global territory regulations.
As a regulatory specialist you will help to provide expert assessment & timely customer response in order to provide services as customer demand. Act as an ambassador for compliance and work to develop regulatory knowledge within the organisation to create a high knowledge and compliance culture.
- Grow expertise in general regulatory compliance for chemicals and chemical applications.
- Complete enquires in a timely accurate manner
- Follow departmental procedures and policies.
- Builds a network with the broader business; technical and commercial teams.
- Advise on changes to legislation and suggest appropriate actions to Global Regulatory Manager; ensuring that the business is well prepared for any future legal amendments and enactments.
- Monitor and advise on changes to legislation and suggest appropriate actions to peers and the wider organisation, to ensure that the business is well prepared for any future legal amendments and enactments.
- Advise and educate the business on appropriate raw material selection for regional compliance and support the business strategy by working with the Sales, Marketing and Technical teams to ensure that only products with appropriate compliance are promoted and sold to market.
- Ensure a robust system is in place to flag checks on compliance data for Regional Compliance across global sites.
- Support the development and renewal of efficient processes. Ensure processes are formally documented and communicated as appropriate.
- Recommend, present and implement solutions for future compliance based on business objectives and legislative timetable in order to remain compliant, promote business continuity, save cost and maximise business advantage, focussing primarily on regional compliance outside of the EU.
- Advise customers on safety issues, compliance and usage of products and provide answers to customer queries in order to support business objectives.
- Provide support to the R&D teams on new product developments and enhancements
- Classify products in line with local / regional GHS guidelines / regulations.
- Update the relevant systems with classification and ensure communication to the supply chain.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree level in Chemistry or Environmental Sciences, Polymer Chemistry or Toxicology would be desirable.
- Some commercial regulatory experience within a relevant industry with knowledge of CLP, GHS and REACH.
- Ability to manage own workload priorities and take initiative
- Demonstrated the skill to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Excellent benefits package: Full Time, Permanent Role
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson (T 0203 909 3782 / M: +44 (0)7814 547 440) directly, outlining your particular skills, experience and relevance to this post (AB/J4136). Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org