Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Analytical Chemist
Location: South East, United Kingdom
South East – Permanent ABJ4135
A Senior Analytical Chemistry Analyst is urgently required for a leading chemicals organisation to prepare and perform complex analytical techniques throughout projects using LC-MS and GC-MS. As senior analytical chemist you would coordinate technical work programs associated with projects with responsibility for delivery of technical objectives. As senior analytical chemist you would have a detailed understanding in a specific technical area and is able to bring new thinking in these areas. With a background in analytical chemistry you would also assist in other analytical tasks within the Organic and the Inorganic sections in Chemistry and provide an analytical service to the company and commercial customers.
- Plan and execute analytical project work to develop application and knowledge.
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of LC-MS GC, GC-MS, FT-IR, HPLC and GPC, and the sample preparation attached in the Analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- To be responsible for the development of new analytical methods
- Deputise in the analytical lab, with assistance from other Senior Analytical chemist(s), when the manager is not present; provide technical insight to staff and customer, supervise staff.
- Pro-actively identify, report on and improve safety related issues using available tools and systems
- Responsible for leading and delivering technical programs within defined innovation or support project, including delegation of work to others where required
- Develop and maintain technology expertise and insight in a relevant technical field
- Apply a high level of scientific rigor to the analysis and assessment of data and to draw and present conclusions
- Liaise with internal & external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- To have comprehensive understanding of Companies’ products & applications
- Develop and grow junior staff by transferring knowledge and skills as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Background in Chemistry or analytical chemistry preferable to degree level.
- Existing knowledge of good laboratory practice gained either via previous laboratory experience
- Relevant experience in analytical or coatings environment.
- Analytical expertise in at least one of the following GC-MS, LC-MS and FT-IR. Understanding of method development/validationKnowledge of working to UKAS
- Enthusiastic team players with a flexible yet focused approach to their work.
- Good organisation and communication skills. Good numeracy, literacy and computer literacy required.
The benefits package includes discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday per annum, company pension scheme and life assurance.
To Apply Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4135, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post. Please call on 0203 9093782, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org