Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
R&D Chemist / Materials Chemistry (Formulation)
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
As a chemist with experience in formulation connected to polymers or coatings you will perform formulation and testing work laboratory in the Materials Development of an R&D function of a global team. As formulation chemist you will to work on a mix of short and long term development projects, under the guidance of the Senior Chemist / Chemist with a global company.
Full training given could suit a graduate with some relevant experience.
- To plan, organise and carry out work supporting short and long term development activities within agreed timescales and according to the plan for the department.
- To use experience and formulation knowledge to fully contribute to project planning, to make suggestions for problem solving or to allow development of new ideas for new or existing applications.
- To maintain accurate records and report data according to department processes and procedures, so as to ensure traceability of results and hence meet ISO9000 standards.
- To be able to create reports that can be used outside R&D, when necessary and appropriate.
- To ensure good communication and liaise with other sections of the R&D function (and, when required, be able to communicate and liaise with the commercial teams or directly with customers.
- To liaise with the pilot plant and manufacturing plants and to be able to support a product scale up process, where necessary and appropriate.
This Job Description describes the requirements for all Assistants within the development team, regardless of their specific specialty background.
Qualifications / Experience
- A degree or equivalent qualification in chemistry based subject (Chemistry / Polymer Chemistry / Materials).
- Experience in a laboratory of R&D or testing or formulation of materials.
- Ability to follow and complete specified testing and monitoring procedures accurately.
- Ability to record, monitor and update data clearly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- MS Excel – ability to develop and manipulate data in worksheets including pivot tables, v lookups and other analytical tools.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively - verbally and in writing - with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- PC proficient, with good Microsoft Office skills. Good team-working and interpersonal skills with evidence of prior effective involvement in cross-functional business teams.
Discretionary Bonus 25 days annual leave per annum. Employee Assistance Programme. Simply Health - Cash Plan. Private Medical Insurance. Pension
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4148 on 0203 909 3782, / 07814547440 or apply to email@example.com