Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Process Operator (Manufacturing Plant Site)
Location: East Midlands, United Kingdom
c20k + 5k Shift Allowance
South East AB/J4264
12 month contract
A shift process operator is urgently required as part of a production team for a global chemicals organisation on a plant site. As process operator you will be required to assist with the packaging labelling and manufacture of finished products to meet production schedules in accordance with specified formulations / process instructions and carry out specified in-process and final product testing in line with agreed quality assurance standards whilst maintaining high standards of responsible care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- To maintain a high standard of Responsible Care and housekeeping consistent with all applicable Company and legislative requirements (e.g. COSHH, HSE, IPPC)
- To follow the procedures specified in Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manuals for charging materials, processing of batches, adjusting, completing, labelling and packing (kegs, drums, 1 tonne tanks, tankers) of finished products as required for all plants in the department.
- To carry out all specified in-process & final product testing in line with agreed quality assurance standards.
- To ensure that all data whether hand-written or computerised, is promptly and accurately recorded, and followed up in a timely manner where necessary.
- To become competent and skilled in the use and operation of plant equipment and processes and to look for ways of continuously improving plant / equipment / systems / processes for manufactured products.
- To be an effective team member, work with other shifts and departments to meet production schedules and assist the team leader in training of any new staff or trainees.
- To step up and carry out the duties of team leader in their absence and be capable of supervising the plant outside normal working hours (e.g. night shifts or weekends).
This role is working on a three shift rotating basis (The shifts are currently 10:00pm - 6:00am, 6:00am – 2:00pm and 2:00pm – 10:00pm) transport will be required unless you are very local to the site.
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of Health and Safety and COSHH legislation, with respect to handling materials and products. Knowledge of how to effectively work within cross functional teams.
- Experience of working in a logistics, warehouse/stores environment.
- Experience with managing deliveries and dispatch and organising materials. being transported throughout the site.
- Reporting of EHS incidents and participating in root cause investigations and identification of countermeasures to prevent recurrence. Awareness of the requirements of meeting production schedules whilst complying with COMAH HSE legislation.
- Experience of working in the chemical or food OR FMCG industry.
- Experience of using computerised stock management systems.
- Experience in using RF Guns
- M3 Management system
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4264 on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org