Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Product (Colours/ Materials / Finishes)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
South East Ref: ABJ3738
8 – 12 month contract (£350-400 a day)
A senior mechanical engineer with a design focus on colour, metals, materials finishing is urgently required to join the Innovation Team for a Global organisation. The overall role is responsible to lead the definition, development, validation and delivery of colours materials and finishes to achieve the required industrial design for future launches of new products.
- Managing and supporting CMF development and validation workstreams across the portfolio of new device technology innovation projects within NGP R&D.
- Lead internal teams and / or development partners to define the expected system functionality and performance targets.
- Metal and plastics colour and tactile surface application processes development (e.g. anodising, PVD, NCVM, painting, rubberise soft touch paint): propose new and different methods and processes to achieve product performance
- Metal finishing processes development (e.g. CNC, extrusion, high pressure die-casting): propose new and different methods and processes to achieve product performance
- Interpreting, industrial design schemes design drawings for prototyping, development and commercialisation.
- Working with our internal teams and / or third -party suppliers and development partners to demonstrate satisfactory device performance against customer requirements including cosmetic standards, mechanical & chemical durability.
- Managing improvement projects for manufacturability, cost reduction, complexity reduction, material selection or consumer complaint reduction.
- Working with our third-party industrial design partners ensure all performance, visual and regulatory specifications are properly described and understood.
- Lead Device Verification Testing specifications
- Provide device Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to conduct and support prior art technical assessments of patents for freedom to operate.
- Generating Standard Operating Procedures and Test Protocols to validate various aspects of CMF
- Bachelor of Engineering in mechanical engineering or relevant engineering discipline field.
- Experience in product development.
- Previous product development experience in a related field
- Previous experience in Product Design Specification (PDS) creation and / or product verification testing
- Working with CAD or autocad - fluent in Mechanical CAD software use
- Experienced in employing development techniques such as FMEA, DFA, DFM, DFMEA etc
- Working knowledge of metals colour application and finishing processes and mechanical design methods
- Materials choice for manufacturability, operational performance and environmental concerns
- Working knowledge of international safety standards for consumer electronics products
- Working knowledge of tolerance analysis
- An understanding of FEA analysis techniques to assist in rapid development of designs
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, Prince2.
- Any device, batteries, electronics e.g. from a telecoms background desirable, with plastic injection moulding
- Cost-benefit-analysis (CBA) and Return-on-investment (ROI) justification reporting
- Statistical analysis (6-sigma) and Continuous Improvement planning
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment Please call on 07814547440 OR +44 (0)203 909 3782, or apply via email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org