Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Customer Support Engineer
To provide first line technical and logistical support to external customers and internal staff worldwide, for the full range of products, field engineering operations and training activities, ensuring swift diagnosis and resolution of issues and proactive maintenance of CRM system and Knowledgebase information all aimed at providing maximum customer satisfaction with products and services.
- To deliver responsive and accurate first line technical advice and guidance to external customers, internal Regional Offices and globally deployed offshore engineers, regarding product and system faults generated during installations, repairs and in-field operations etc covering the complete product portfolio (hardware, software and firmware).
- To provide additional first line support for logistical and general customer and internal staff queries, such as offshore engineering deployment requests, warranty claims, training requirements, parts ordering and transportation etc.
- To escalate complex technical support queries to second Line internal Engineering function specialists for further diagnosis and advice, ensuring customers and internal staff are kept up to date with the progress of their query throughout the process until resolution of the issue.
- To ensure all customer support ‘cases’ are entered into the CRM system, with full descriptions and categorisation of queries/problems, updating of comprehensive contact details and closure of case on achieving a satisfactory resolution.
- To identify, collate and proactively organise appropriate corrective action in response to operational observations and issues raised by offshore engineers or other customer facing staff through their Visit Reports, Training Course or demo feedback, verbal updates or other sources of information
- To update CRM database information with comprehensive data of all installed products, configuration levels, case histories, customer details etc to ensure accuracy of data for use by other Company functions ie Marketing, Sales etc.
- To co-ordinate the process of distributing notifications and bulletins to the relevant internal and customer contacts which requires liaising with engineering / project teams, account managers and business development managers.
- To develop and promote the Customer Support ‘Knowledgebase’ as a valued source of practical, operational data providing observations, hints and tips and special advice regarding products and performance etc.
- To provide practical technical support to internal functions such as Sales, Marketing and Customer Support in the UK and Regional Offices through assistance with product demonstrations, organising preparation of products/systems ready for installation offshore, customer visits, exhibition events, internal training delivery, proof reading technical documentation, generation of ad hoc technical user guides etc.
- To provide occasional ‘Out of Hours’ technical support through the ‘Support Phone’.
- When fully established in the role, undertake occasional offshore working projects to maintain up to date knowledge of products/systems performance in the field and consolidate face to face customer contact in a range of situations ie installation, commissioning and repair.
- To understand, observe and apply a ‘safety first’ approach at all times, complying with Company policies, procedures and practices relating to Occupational Health & Safety, including all provisions in the Safety System (SMS01/SMS02), wearing of PPE, following Safe Working Practice instructions, undertaking H&S training and escalation of any observations of activities or aspects that could adversely impact employees’ health and safety, or others, resulting from personal or work activities.
- To ensure awareness, understanding and adherence to all Policies and Procedures, including Health & Safety, Anti Bribery, ISO9001-QMS and Operational requirements at all times.
- To take an active part in the Continuous Improvement Process, through providing suggestions for corrective actions, suggestions, initiatives etc, focused on increasing Departmental or Company quality, efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction, employee morale etc
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £28,000.00 to £31,000.00 /year