Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Electrical / Electronics Engineer / (Product Innovation)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
£up to 70k Base (Prorata)
South East ABJ4331
10-12 month contract £300-£350 Ltd Company Daily Rate
As an experienced electronics / electrical engineer in developing products you will play pivotal role in the electrical and electronics new product design validation protocols and technical project plans based on stakeholder mandate and feedback for a global R&D organisation. As a senior electrical / electronics engineer you will be responsible to lead the electrical definition, development and delivery of multiple interconnected components, from different internal and external engineering and R&D disciplines to create and buildplans for continuous developments and improving our existing product and technology platforms.
- Managing innovation projects for new device technologies transferring across from the Discover Proof of Concept Team and in Proof of Application / Develop.
- Managing improvement projects for manufacturability, cost reduction, complexity reduction, and component selection and obsolescence or consumer complaint reduction.
- System Design Specification – work with necessary stakeholders and prepare system requirements specification including hardware and software.
- System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis – carry out a range of analysis and investigations to create the user stories for the product.
- Lead internal teams and / or external development partners to define the expected system functionality and performance targets.
- Liaise with cross category architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programs, as well as electrical and physical architecture.
- Product Verification and Validation – design and develop system integration plan and tests.
- Lead System Integration and test (EVT), assist with safety certification testing and country specific homologation.
- Provide device and electrical / electronics systems Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for prior art technical assessments of patents for freedom to operate.
- Working with third-party assemblers and designers to ensure all performance, visual and regulatory specifications are properly described and understood.
- Improving drawing standards and ensuring drawings supplied from design teams / 3rd party industrial design agencies meet requirements for PCB assembler implementation and quality inspection.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree engineering- e.g. electronics, or electronics / electrical engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of product development processes
- Previous experience launching a consumer electronic product into volume production
- Single layer PCB design experience (Use of PCB design software (Altium or similar – desirable) )
- Electronics test design
- IPC J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 (level 1)
- Component selection in battery powered, consumer electronics
- Electronics and battery encapsulation.
- Component choice for manufacturability, operational performance and consumer safety
- KPI definition and dashboard creation
- Statistical analysis (6-sigma) and Continuous Improvement planning
- MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, excel, and word
- Fluent in Electrical CAD software use
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org