Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Analytical Chemist (Pharmaceutical)
Location: South East, South East
c£29-31k + Benefits
South East – Permanent ABJ4332
An experienced Analytical Chemist with a pharmaceutical / biopharm background to join an innovative drug delivery unit in to work alongside formulator experts of drugs for topical use. As an analytical chemist and key member of the team you will be responsible for executing hands-on analytical tasks including method development/validation and stability testing as well as interaction with external companies, collaborative partners and CRO’s / CMO’s.
This is a great opportunity to directly influence the project development as the topical drug formulation projects are typically early phase.
- Perform HPLC analytical testing and monitor the stability of R&D trial samples to assist the product development.
- Generate and report accurate results.
- Record data and maintain any associated documentation.
- Develop method of analysis for the products under development according with ICH guidelines and in-house requirements.
- Troubleshooting of equipment.
- Manage analytical projects, take leadership of analytical tasks.
- Provide project updates in team meetings.
- Provide scientific and technical support.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Background in Chemistry or analytical chemistry preferable to degree level.
- The ideal candidate must hold a degree in chemistry or related discipline and have proven experience with method development of HPLC to apply for this role.
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical analytical chemistry laboratory including operating, maintaining and troubleshooting HPLC systems.
- Demonstrated experience of carrying out stability testing and the development of stability-indicating analytical methods using HPLC for pharmaceutical applications.
- Solid experience in writing and maintaining SOPs, high quality lab notebook documentation and thorough scientific reports.
- Familiarity with Waters HPLC systems and Empower software.
- Experience with topical drug formulations and understanding of challenges posed to analytical sample preparation and stability parameters would be desirable.
- Proactive mentality and ability to work in a small team environment.
- Systematic working method (development of and working with SOPs, data report writing, design-implementation-execution of stability programmes).
The benefits package includes
- Competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience
- 25 days annual leave per annum, Company pension contributions
- Relaxed working environment and flexible working hours (around core company hours)
To Apply Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4332, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post. Please call on 0203 9093782, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org