Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Application Deadline: 31st July 2019
Location: Slough, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reporting to the C.I Manager, you will work within the Operations team to provide a world class production function for the business. We are looking for a Production Engineer to ensure that Engineering support and expertise are provided to optimise, improve process capability and production output. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
● Hands on with problem solving within manufacturing/ assembly area
● Applying Lean manufacturing techniques to improve product quality and productivity
● Manufacturing cell design and shop floor layout improvements
● Working with the Engineering Design team to support NPI
● Conduct in depth reviews of current Production processes, identify waste, opportunities for improvement and agree improvement targets.
● With a strong knowledge of 5S principles lead Process Improvement projects delivering significant cost, quality and performance benefits utilising Lean Manufacturing and other “best in class” tools and techniques.
● Project manage approved Continuous Improvement projects through to conclusion. Develop project plan, establish project team and deliver to plan.
● Establish pilot programmes with Team Leaders. Work with Team Leaders to ensure new processes are established and embedded. Follow up improvements to ensure compliance with pre-defined processes and H&S standards.
● Proactively drive the implementation of Lean practices throughout the work place
● Support the culture change towards Continuous Improvement.
● Be the 'go between' for Design and Manufacturing
● Attend formal design reviews, to advise relevant Production Engineering issues related to Assembly process and eliminate re-occurrences.
● Take corrective action to manufacture queries and non-conformance and advise responsible designer as appropriate.
● Review Engineering drawings and Bill of Materials (BOM), including the determining and understanding of specific product requirements and develop Manufacturing methods to minimise cost impacts.
● Experience in Production Planning systems and improve capacity planning, job scheduling to ensure optimum utilisation of materials and resources as per business requirements.
You’ll need the enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to join a small team in a dynamic working environment. The ideal candidate will have:
● A degree in Mechanical Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent experience
● Strong analytical skills with a data driven approach to problem solving
● Good understanding of 3D modelling and Engineering drawings
● Must have good awareness of a Production or Engineering environment with experience working is a cellular manufacturing environment.
● A minimum of 3 year’s proven experience in a similar manufacturing environment
● Knowledge of DFM, Kaizen, 5S, PFMEA, DFMEA and Process Control Plans
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and will have the ability to work to a high and consistent standard especially when under pressure.
In return for your energy and drive you’ll receive the following:
● Exposure to other disciplines / internal departments
● Regular personal review
● Opportunity to join our contributory pension scheme
● 25 days holiday per year plus public holidays
● Possible further education opportunities
You will get full support and coaching from your line manager.
You will be encouraged to take ownership of your own career progression to help you develop the expertise and personal qualities needed to achieve your personal goals.
Aside from what will be a great career development experience, there may an opportunity for further training and professional qualifications.
Our Client is committed to promoting equality and diversity and creating a positive culture. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.