Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Adviser – (COMAH site)
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
£c38-48k + Bonus + Benefits
A Health, Safety & Environmental Adviser (EH&S) with experience of Lower Tier or Top Tier COMAH regulations is urgently required to provide an effective Health, Safety and Environmental advisory service to UK sites, working with the HSEQ Manager to ensure adherence to legislative and company requirements through the implementation, application and review of relevant protective and preventative measures. To enhance stakeholder perception and involvement, and minimise operational losses and occupational health concerns through the provision of timely, appropriate training and support to colleagues at all levels.
- To lead with the COMAH and PSM program including involvement with HAZID, HAZOP, HRA and EPA, and hazardous planning consent. Provide required details on changes and performance to the CA as directed by the UK HSEQ Manager. Monitor compliance and completion of actions from the program.
- To provide accurate, current HSE advice and support the company to ensure adherence to company requirements and regulatory standards and legislation, monitor, audit and update HSE activities, and collect and report on key proactive and reactive HSE metrics.
- To prioritise, investigate and report on all accidents and defining to root causes and ensure actions are completed to prevent re-occurrence
- To lead site risk assessment processes including overall risk assessment, fire risk assessment, manual handling, COSHH, Work at Height, asbestos management, noise/vibration, SOP assessments etc, and train, coach and advise all involved parties to drive excellent HSE performance and ensure the output is suitable and sufficient to safeguard employees and meet regulatory requirements.
- To support the HSEQ Manager with the management of company environmental commitments, (i.e. EPR actions, ISO 14001 and waste minimisation continuous improvements) monitoring, reviewing and documenting progress, and communicating with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Monitor event procedure adherence in relation to ISO45001 accreditation. Lead the OHSAS audits and arrange the yearly audit programme.
- To lead on the day to day management and maintenance of the fire alarm and gate card security systems and ensure effective, accurate reporting and prompt investigation and resolution of incidents. Oversee the safety opportunity system and perform site inspections, 5S audits etc
- Control the Emergency Control Centre and work with department to arrange the emergency training annually.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Health & Safety or Environmental Management.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a COMAH site in a HSE role
- Demonstrable track record of in investigating accidents and incidents, and implementing corrective and preventative actions effectively.
- Conducting planned compliance HSE audits and inspections as per planned programme.
- Experience in Manual Handling, CoSHH and Fire Awareness training.
- HSE experience gained in a chemical or other manufacturing environment.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent (e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate with at least 5 years’ experience in a COMAH environment)
- Practical knowledge of working within defined Environmental, Health & Safety procedures particularly ISO14001 and OHSAS18001.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4364 on 0203 909 3782, 07814547440 or apply to