Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Sales Operations/ Supply Chain Planning Manager
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
An experienced Sales Operations/ Supply Chain Planning Manager will be responsible for leading the sales and operations activity to drive best in class Supply Chain and Commercial performance. The key focus areas will be to develop the operational planning strategy for the UK business and to drive continuous improvement in the planning of manufacturing and logistics activities. To further improve customer service and optimise cost, whilst never compromising on quality. As a supply chain / logistics manager you will inspire and develop stakeholders as they progress on their journey towards service excellence. As Sales ops and supply chain planning manager you will co-ordinate and direct cross-functional teams including Logistics, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance and Purchasing to deliver consensus on operating plans, and act as a single point of contact for service related issues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Overall management and delivery of an efficient and accurate sales and operations planning function for the business
- Identification of improvement areas and integration of business system processes with the group ERP systems
- Engagement with logistics function and 3rd parties to establish inventory management/replenishment strategies to drive improved customer service levels while minimising inventory investment.
- Coordination of all monthly forecast analysis in collaboration with Supply Chain and Consumer teams that will be reviewed in monthly consensus meetings
- Maintain strong working relationships with Sales, Marketing and Product Manager functions in order to effectively distinguish incremental demand (events) from run-rate demand (market share)
- Focus on service level gains and inventory reduction through forecast accuracy improvement
- Proactively monitor and communicate trends and cross-functionally develop recommendations for continuous improvement
- Coordinate reporting and analytical measurement tools to ensure business objectives are being met. This will include highlighting root causes and developing corrective action alternatives
- Establish database and data warehouse requirements to enable teams to make informed decisions
- Lead or support additional Supply Chain related analysis as and when needed
BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Mathematics, Business or extensive experience in a Supply Chain or Operations planning role (S&OP, Material Planning, Production Scheduling, Logistics Design).
- Chartered Membership of the Institute of Logistics & Transport (or equivalent institute), CIPS or MCIPS or equiv
- Experience of managing MRP Planning and leading S&OP design and implementation
- Senior experience in Sales and Operations Planning roles e.g. (S&OP, Material Planning, Production Scheduling, Logistics Design).
- Chemicals / Materials background preferred.
- Experience of managing a small team
- Demonstrable experience of best practice and implementation.
- Extensive use of EXCEL
- Outstanding analytical and data numeracy/handling skills to quickly and effectively utilise data, for business evaluation and decision-making.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and persuasion skills, with stakeholders at all levels.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4376 on 0203 909 3782/ 07814547440 or apply to