Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Site Facilities Manager
Location: South, United Kingdom
A Site Facilities manager is urgently required for a key chemicals organisation responsible for ensuring that all buildings and site exterior are maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible way, such that the workplace remains operational at all times. As facilities manager you are responsible for managing the site facilities management contract to ensure the effective and efficient management of services and processes that support the ongoing and varied core business operations of the site.
As site facilities manager you will be ensuring best practices are followed to deliver maximum Safety and Efficiency, whilst maintaining a comfortable and suitable working environment for colleagues / contractors operating at the site.
The role includes oversight of contractors and significant inputs to the EHS programme, supervising and in some instances, undertaking, repairs and upgrades against CAPEX budgets.
This role as site facilities manager offers the opportunity to work in a varied, high-impact and high-profile role with exposure to all areas of the business and to work with colleagues and contractors at all levels as well as those of major contracted service providers. In addition, the role provides experience of financial planning and operational budget management at a multi-million-dollar level, as well as an opportunity to coordinate, lead or participating in major project teams.
- Facilities management contract owner where safety is always top priority – incl. agreement of service level expectations and the use of KPI’s and other performance management techniques to monitor agreed service levels and continuous improvement.
- Ensure buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with all relevant UK legislation.
- Working with the facilities management provider to coordinate and plan essential cost effective and reliable services [including facilities/building mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs; laboratory equipment calibration, servicing and maintenance; CAD and reprographics; Security and Reception; facility improvement/change/development projects; facilities assistance incl. glass-wash & central stores; cleaning; catering; grounds; waste management and recycling; office services (incl. office moves, stationery, furniture supplies, mail)
- Managing site utilities (electricity, water and gas) contracts with Procurement.
- Liaising with local authorities/neighbours for operational, planning, regulatory or other purposes.
- Managing the Site Services Team Administrator.
- Ensuring effective financial management and control of onsite facilities management provision to ensure operating cost budgets remain within agreed plan.
- Proposing site FM related CAPEX projects and preparing and submitting necessary cost estimates, gate forms etc.
Qualifications / Experience
- An engineering / operational background (desirable).
- Experience as a site / facilities manager in an industrial environment.
- Experience in Facilities or Service Contract Management
- Experience in Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Services Management (but not requiring “professional qualifications”)
- Experience in budgeting and cost management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including active-listening)
- Self-starter capabilities and an ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Strong leadership & facilitation capabilities
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson (T: 0203 909 3782 / +44 (0)7814 547440) directly, outlining your particular skills, experience and relevance to this post (ABJ4406)
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org