Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Chemist R&D - synthetic / polymer/ organic chemist
Location: South East, United Kingdom
Chemist R&D - synthetic / polymer/ organic chemist c£25-38K +Benefits
South East AB/J4013
A synthetic / polymer or organic chemist is urgently required to work closely with R&D teams to help drive the development of new technology platforms, deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to customer. This team offers an opportunity for an experienced chemist to tackle a range of technical challenges offering chances to grow and develop and learn about a key area of the business. The role will provide laboratory and other technical support to the team, collaborating to develop and deploy next generation product platforms. As a chemist for a dynamic team you would gain exposure to a wide range of technology areas and new ways of working, opportunities to broaden network both inside and outside of the company.
- Carry out the design and synthesis of novel compounds to meet internal customer needs.
- Analysis including spectroscopy and chromatograph
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of certain laboratory equipment
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Keep impeccable records of results in notebook and communicate results to supervisor
What skills will you gain from this role?
The candidate will develop expertise in a range of synthetic organic chemistry or polymer chemistry skills with opportunities to learn more about inorganic and polymeric chemistry
- Co-ordinate and ensure completion of discrete work elements; schedule analytical and performance tests, collate and analyse data
- Participate in project / activity teams, present results and conclusions of the work as required
- Interact with internal and external contacts as required to progress projects
- Liaise with external service providers to ensure analytical and bench testing are delivered to a high quality standard and against established timelines
- Provide expert support to Operations, Customers and R&D related to the chemistry, processing and applications of products.
- To have comprehensive understanding of technologies, products & applications with a view to developing new growth opportunities
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- BSc, MSc, MChem Organic Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry or Inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Science, Strong scientific background with extensive experience of working in a laboratory is essential
- Strong commitment to HSE and quality values
- Strong sense of urgency and able to drive work forward to meet targets and timelines
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills
- Competent user of data analysis packages and word processing software
- Strong scientific background with extensive experience of working in a laboratory is preferred
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J4013 on0203909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to email@example.com