Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Analytical Chemist (Materials)
Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
c£29-34k + Benefits
Midlands – Permanent ABJ4426
An experienced Analytical Chemist is urgently required with to provide analytical services to support the business,
and carry out materials testing work, where necessary and appropriate within a core R&D setting.
- To manage and execute agreed Analytical work for the Global businesses and their customers.
- To provide support for the Operations teams, as well as key R&D projects in the UK, using HPLC, GC FTIR and DSC.
- To work with the Manager to ensure that all analytical equipment is maintained, calibrated and serviced, as appropriate.
- To select the most appropriate technique for the information being requested and then to be able fully interpret the data from this method, if required.
- To develop new test methods to analyse new types of samples or materials, when appropriate IRS, GC, GC-MS, GPC, HPLC,NMR
- To plan, organise and carry out mechanical property test work within the materials testing section for internal R&D projects and agreed work for customers
- To carry out all agreed work in a timely and flexible manner, according to priorities of the Group and also of the overall R&D project portfolio.
- To ensure good communication with all “customers” of the Group, both internal and external. This includes use of the job request systems and appropriate reporting in line with the R&D ISO9000 manual and also to the standards expected from an external test house.
- To liaise with suppliers, trade associations, universities and our external testing partners, to maintain knowledge and understanding in the field of Analytical Science. To keep the rest of the company abreast of such technology, to ensure that we can maximise our offer in this field and to represent the company technically.
- To proactively support the Manager in the running and development of the department.
- To deputise for the Manager, where necessary and appropriate. To perform any other tasks reasonably requested by the Manager to help in the running of the department.
- To behave in a manner in line with company values and participate fully in the consultative and democratic process within the community and support the decisions of the community bodies.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Background in Chemistry or analytical chemistry preferable to degree level.
- Commercial analytical experience essential
- Method development
- Experience of using and interpreting data from some or all of the following techniques:
- IRS, GC, GC-MS, GPC, HPLC, NMR, DSC, FTIR
- Experience of examination of data for accuracy purposes within a lab environment
- Significant experience of analytical chemistry laboratory work with interpretation of the data
The benefits package includes
Competitive salary, dependent on skills and experience
25 days annual leave per annum, Company pension contributions
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4426, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post. Please call on 0203 9093782, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to email@example.com