Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Materials Fire Test Engineer (Fire Protection Testing)
Location: North West, United Kingdom
c£36k + Benefits + Bonus
North West – Permanent ABJ4449
An experienced Fire testing engineer is critical to the development of a leading materials organisations’ portfolio of accredited fire protection systems that are to be placed on the market in compliance with National and/or International regulations.
The Fire Test Engineer is responsible for the complete management of both internal and external fire test projects carried out within the R&D department and third-party fire test laboratories respectively on systems and products manufactured by the company.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that these external fire tests are properly planned, monitored and executed in order to achieve the objective of a successful outcome from the test.
- Planning & Management of both internal and external fire testing schedule with Fire Protection Management
- Specification of test construction and scope of testing with Fire Protection Management, coordinating testing scope with external 3rd party certification bodies
- Work closely with testing laboratories (mostly within Europe, occasionally outside Europe) on test construction details
- Full responsibility of logistics for test: materials sourcing both of company products and externally-supplied materials such as test specimens, characterising materials prior to testing to ensure they are within specification, installation labour contracting, 3rd party accreditation needs for supervision or production sampling requirements etc. Purchase order placing and cost control.
- Fully responsible for the programs of installation work and third party witnessing
- Supervision of test installation, documentation of test construction including any required technical drawings
- Collaborating with the CoE on management of schedules and programs for the in-house fire testing facilities.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in fire testing management for a passive fire protection material manufacturer, ideally in the construction or maritime/offshore sectors
- Experience working for a third-party certification authority or fire testing laboratory with specific involvement in fire resistance testing (as opposed to material fire reaction testing)
- Project management skills together with a clearly demonstrable knowledge of the applicable fire testing standards and certification regimes applicable in the construction and marine / offshore sectors
- Basic CAD skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office WORD, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of testing standards and certification regimes applicable in construction and marine sectors for passive fire protection systems
- Organised disciplined approach, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to work overseas (mostly Europe) and unsocial hours
The benefits package includes
- Competitive salary, (Bonus approx. 20%)
To Apply Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4449, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post. Please call on 0203 9093782, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to email@example.com