Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Technologist with Continuous Flow
Location: South East, United Kingdom
c£up to 45k +Benefits
South East AB/J4386a
An experienced chemist or chemical engineer with flow chemistry experience preferably PhD qualified is required to work very closely with R&D teams. This a great opportunity to design and synthesise next generation materials for the business. There are also opportunities to influence multiple interfaces (like performance differentiation, Innovation, Manufacturing Technology, external outsourcing and Safety). The successful candidate will complement the R&D team’s current skill base and play a critical role in enabling the team to become the High Performance Agile Team that deliver the new components the business needs (incremental, step-out & disruptive).
This is a great role for a chemist or chemical engineer who wants to be involved in
- Coaching - imparting experience and knowledge to a variety of skill bases and team members.
- Opportunity to build personal network extensively across range
- Influence our New Technology Innovation Culture.
- Greater understanding of market opportunities (short - long term)
- Exposure to Innovation & road map opportunities.
- Development of external outsourcing relationships.
- Influence lab set-up & equipment to support the synthesis needs of the business.
- Lead safety initiatives to continue to build on the strong safety culture, deliver risk assessments and consistently demonstrate the highest standards of safety and quality.
- Deliver robust routing scouting to deliver materials in a time efficient manner.
- Supervise, develop & coach laboratory based chemists.
- Prepare a variety of materials in an agile and efficient manner.
- External focal lead for assigned chemical outsourcing.
- Provide design solutions to a variety of programs to enable science teams to prove or disprove the working hypothesis.
- Communicate progress, challenges and delivery through a variety of communication media.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- PhD Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Synthetic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or a related engineering or petroleum subject.
- Must have flow chemistry experience
- Technical background - significant experience in related fuels, diesels, pharma or oils markets,
- Strong track record of delivering materials to aggressive timescales within a research & development environment.
- Strong safety focus including networking, communication, a demonstrated ability to deliver high standard risk assessments, make solid safety recommendations when faced with obstacles and influence changes to work differently based on learnings from near miss reporting.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Strong commitment to HSE and quality values
They offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J4386a on 0203909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to email@example.com