Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Mechanical Engineer (Technician)
Location: East Midlands, United Kingdom
c£24-28k + Benefits + Bonus
East Midlands ABJ4467
A leading manufacturing organisation are urgently recruiting for a permanent, full time mechanical engineer (mechanical engineering technician) to carry out engineering work on plant and service equipment.
- Maintain all plant and service equipment to a maintenance schedule to ensure optimum performance of the production facilities
- Carry out repairs to sustain site service and maintain production.
- Monitor and maintain, in conjunction with Production, all site services.
- Implement plant modifications to accommodate changes in processing procedures and new technology/techniques.
- Undertake capital work to provide increased capacity, production of new products and to meet environmental requirements.
- To promote a culture of continuous improvement and seek new ways to improve processes in order to maximise availability of plant and equipment, in a safe and cost effective manner.
- To undertake all identified and relevant training requirements to meet Company and legislative standards, and undertake training in other related activities in order to develop multi-skilling capabilities.
- To train and mentor Apprentices and other members of the Engineering team as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- HNC mechanical engineering OR City and Guilds/NVQ or equivalent qualification in mechanical Engineering (e.g. Apprenticeship or formal training of a multi-skilling nature.) or similar.
Demonstrable previous experience in the following areas:
- Welding - Manual arc, mig, tig, oxyacetylene.
- Pipe Fitting - Carbon/Stainless Steel, screwed/welded.
- General Machining - Turning, milling etc.
- Overhauls - General assembly/disassembly of pumps, gearboxes, drive units, meters, motors.
- Hydraulics - Power ram equipment/systems, motors, actuators, etc.
- Pneumatics - Control and sequencing systems, cylinders/actuators etc.
- Service Plant - Knowledge and understanding of steam boilers, liquid phase process heaters, air compressors, cooling water/chilled water/demineralised water systems.
- Basic level of electrical knowledge (desirable)
- Previous knowledge of working on a COMAH site. (desirable)
- Previous knowledge of BOAS, CompEx, Working at Height, Confined Space, IPAF, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards for mechanical design, specification, installation and maintenance with specific reference to hazardous area application.
- Experience of working in the chemical, materials, steel or food industry.
Some shift and out of hours work
Full Time, Permanent Role
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson (T: +44 (0)203 909 3782 / M: +44 (0)7814 547440) ABJ4467. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org