Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Location: North West, United Kingdom
up to c50k Base +Strong Bonus + Benefits
North West Permanent ABJ4494
As an experienced embedded software development engineer you will lead the development of a unique platform of medical devices to deliver improved point of care diagnostics in the NHS for a key biotech. As senior software engineer as part of a small but dynamic team you will be a key member of a growing hardware and software engineering team that are developing the next generation of point of care medical diagnostic device. As senior embedded software engineer you will play a leading role in embedded software improvement and onward development to support existing and future product portfolio within the diagnostic healthcare market.
- System Design Specification
- Working with and improving existing C and/or C# code on 2x ARM9 processors;
- Building new software content, GUI features and peripheral device support for the device
- Optimising applications to increase performance, reliability and supportability;
- Debug and troubleshoot software/hardware problems for internal and external users;
- Collaborate with electronic engineers and life scientists in all aspects of software product design, development and functional validation activities.
- Investigate new technologies on new product developments.
- Responsible for product documentation from initial proposals through to release
- Working with our internal teams and/ or development partners, create functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree: major in software/firmware/embedded solutions engineering
- You will have proven experience in the design, commit, deploy and maintenance of embedded C# and C-based applications for use in highly regulated environments ;
- A wealth of commercial experience in microcontroller / processor based software development.
- Design and implementation of software on a RTS using object oriented methodology
- Embedded C Experience in assembly language, C/C++ language programming (C++, Qt, Android useful but not essential)
- Code debugging in a real-time/embedded environment
- Previously held a senior or project-leading software developer position;
- Possess understanding of structured software design;
- Experience in STM32 Microcontroller based application & design;
- Understanding in microcontroller architecture and peripheral use in MC;
- Hands on experience in communication interfaces like SPI, I2C, UART, US;
- Hands on experience in developing different components of an embedded system like drivers, UI, logs/databases;
- Hands on experience in using IDE and debuggers (e.g. IAR IDE Embedded Workbench for ARM and j-link debugger;
- Experience in RFID protocols, signal feature identification and USB driver design is an added advantage;
- NETMF experience is an added advantage;
- GUI design and coding
- Medical IVD hardware/ software development. (working to ISO13485)
Full Time. Permanent
Benefits Package Includes: flexible working hours (37.5) , Bonus, 25 days annual, Company Pension Scheme
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply for email@example.com