Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Software Engineer (Android Applications Engineer)
Location: North West, United Kingdom
Software Engineer (Android Applications Engineer) £up to c30k Base + Bonus + Benefits ABJ4495
North West Permanent
As a software engineer working on android-based mobile applications, providing wireless data management to a medical device or a larger network installation, permitting management of patient demographics and user data, device and instrument data, and append this supplementary information to test results. As a software engineer working on android applications you will have the opportunity to contribute to their medical device software improvement to support existing and future product portfolio within the diagnostic healthcare market.
- Maintenance, feature development, testing and support of their Connect application.
- Maintenance of support PC applications and test applications to support the platform.
- Optimising applications to increase performance, reliability and supportability;
- Debug and troubleshoot software/hardware problems for internal and external users;
- Collaborate with electronic engineers and life scientists in all aspects of software product design, development and functional validation activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree: major in software/firmware/embedded solutions engineering
- You will ideally have proven experience in the design, maintenance and deployment and maintenance of android based applications for use in highly regulated environments.
- Android application development using Kotlin or Java, 2-3 years’ experience ;
- Android Studio- Be comfortable with developing and debugging applications using Android Studio;
- Must be able to perform both Unit Testing and Application “Black Box” testing;
- Source Control- must be comfortable using version control, preferable GIT/Bitbucket;
- OOD- an in depth, demonstrable understanding of Object Oriented Design is essential for this role;
- Appreciation of coding standards such as IEC 62304, and static analysis ;
- Ability to support / diagnose in field application.
- Experience with ESP32 Bluetooth/BLE is highly desirable
- Test driven development experience
- Appreciation of Continuous integration (Jenkins / TeamCity)
- C# application development experience highly desirable
- SQL experience advantageous
Full Time. Permanent
Benefits Package Includes: flexible working hours (37.5), Bonus, 25 days annual, Company Pension Scheme
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply for firstname.lastname@example.org