Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Documentation Chemist R&D - synthetic / polymer/ organic chemist
Location: South East, United Kingdom
South East AB/J4502
A chemist who would enjoy a 50:50 bench role/ documentation role is urgently required to work closely with R&D teams to help drive the development of new technology platforms, deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to customer. As part chemist and part documentation specialist you would be responsible for the delivery of the documentation required to obtain final industry and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) approvals. The documentation team must produce high quality and accurate documentation in a timely manner to ensure readiness for market.
- Support formulation deployment projects and technical collaborations as agreed with customers.
- Maintain product documentation to support performance claims on customer-specific and/or market general products.
- Co-ordinate and ensure completion of discrete work elements; arrange package and blends, schedule analytical and performance tests, collate and document data.
- Participate in project / activity teams, present results and conclusions of the work as required
- Interact with internal and external contacts as required to progress projects and the production of documentation
- Liaise with external service providers to ensure analytical, bench and engine testing are delivered to a high-quality standard and against established timelines.
- Delivery of accurate and high-quality documentation to support performance claims on our products
The candidate will develop expertise in a range of synthetic organic chemistry or polymer chemistry and documentation skills with opportunities to learn more about inorganic and polymeric chemistry
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- BSc, MSc, MChem Organic Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry or Inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Science,
- Strong scientific background with some commercial experience of working in a laboratory is essential
- Strong report writing / scientific writing or technical documentation desirable.
- Established technical competency with a science background (e.g. chemistry or engineering).
- Interpersonal, networking and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
- Good time management skills
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- An interest in learning and supporting internal IT tools used for the production and storage of documentation Familiarity of IT software such as spreadsheets, word processing etc.
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J4502 on 0203909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to email@example.com