Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Dyes / Colour Chemist / Materials Chemist
Location: East Anglia, United Kingdom
25-36k + Benefits
East Anglia ABJ4565
As a Chemist or Materials Scientist or Materials Chemist with a background in colour / pigments / dyes science you will support product development work and provide technical support and advice to colleagues and help to improve the way this company dye and finish, source chemicals and understand how they can improve the management of their chemical systems. A real chemistry all-rounder with a focus on colour. You will work closely with senior management in the dyes of materials field and with your knowledge of dyes you will work with operatives to improve ways or working and to increase efficiencies of the dye house. You will work with a range of functions including the manufacturing plant, laboratories and business support.
This is a role will suit a chemist with a keen interest in dyes and colours of materials and will focus on product development, testing, qualification and selection of dyes with materials. and demonstrate how our client’s products deliver against their customers’ criteria.
Base salary dependent on experience
- To manage and execute short and long term development activities according to the plan for the Materials Development department with a focus on pigments, colours, dyes in materials chemistry.
- To develop and evaluate new products for new and existing applications, to bring them to market speedily and effectively.
- To ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- To ensure good communication with and appropriate involvement of other R&D functions, i.e. the Technical Service teams, as well as the commercial teams.
- To liaise with plant personnel and provide technical support and assistance to resolve production and quality issues, and participate in or lead global cross-functional technology teams as required.
- To make sure reports on work duties are regular submissions for ongoing progress on projects with senior management
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry Materials chemistry or Materials Science, Colour chemistry or Dyes Chemistry
- Commercial Experience (preferred) in a R&D/ manufacturing environment or strong industrial collaborations
- Experience in pigments, coatings, dyes, colours, inks background
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage own workload and work to deadlines.
- Used to an enjoy writing reports to report progress to senior management
- Excellent team working skills and strong communication skills.
- Quality conscious and methodical approach to work, with excellent attention to detail.
Benefits: The Company has a contributory pension scheme and a non-contributory Death in Service scheme (after 3 months after successful completion of the probationary period). 21 days’ holiday during each holiday year + public holidays. After a qualifying 12 week period you would be eligible to participate in any bonus at the discretion of the Directors.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ4565 on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org