Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
PhD Qualified / Postdoctoral Chemist (Formulations)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
South East AB/J4567
An experienced Postdoctoral chemist with or without experience is required to work very closely with R&D teams. As a PhD chemist qualified in either organic synthesis, formulation or polymer chemistry this a great opportunity to design and synthesise next generation materials for the business. Working closely with business development the successful PhD chemist will complement the R&D team’s current skill base and play a critical role in enabling the team to become the High Performance Agile Team that deliver the new components the business needs.
- Coaching – imparting experience and knowledge to a variety of skill bases and team members.
- Opportunity to build personal network extensively across range
- Influence our New Technology Innovation Culture.
- Greater understanding of market opportunities (short - long term)
- Exposure to Innovation & road map opportunities.
- Influence lab set-up & equipment to support the synthesis needs of the business.
Key Responsibilities -
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group.
- Innovative and creative approaches to identify opportunities to improve processes and tools to develop our formulation methodologies.
- Lead projects and contribute to the formulation, development and deployment of next generation fuel additives.
- Supervise and develop chemists providing colleague mentoring and development coaching.
- Interface effectively with our internal and external customers
- Project management
- Building networks across functions
- Developing cutting edge technology
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- PhD Chemistry, Polymer chemistry Formulation, Synthetic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, even pharmaceutical chemistry or a related petroleum subject.
- All background considered but preferences for synthesis OR formulation, R&D
- Excellent chemistry background with strong track record of delivering materials to aggressive timescales within a research & development environment.
- Strong safety focus including networking, communication, a demonstrated ability to deliver high standard risk assessments, make solid safety recommendations when faced with obstacles and influence changes to work differently based on learnings from near miss reporting.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Strong commitment to HSE and quality values
They offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J4408a on 0203909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to email@example.com