Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: South East, United Kingdom
c£65-80k (pro rata)
South East Ref: ABJ4583
6 month contract (£340-400 / day ltd company)
Salary dependent on experience
A senior mechanical design engineer is urgently required to join the Innovation Team for a Global organisation. As senior mechanical engineer you will have experience in design for manufacture (DFM) and work as part of the global manufacturing team developing and delivering commercial manufacturing solutions for future technologies. This role overlooks all aspects of a project’s lifecycle from ideation through to deployment.
Co-ordination of activities within internal teams and external partners to verify designs, project planning and execution, and project reporting.
- Interpreting design drawings for design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Managing improvement projects/changes for manufacturability, cost reduction, complexity reduction, material selection or consumer complaint reduction.
- Reviewing the design of new products based on best design principles
- Ensure that all improvements have been thoroughly tested and robust design verification plans are in place
- Review and perform defective product investigations and establish root cause
- Working with third-party designers to ensure all performance, visual and regulatory specifications are properly described and understood
- Ensuring all specification and regulation requirements are captured for all markets during commercialisation handover and as new markets and continuous development changes are introduced
- Implement and monitor manufacturing KPIs to ensure design and manufacturing capabilities are
- Pro-actively introduce new design developments to maintain capability, yields, cost, specification and regulatory requirements.
- Product Reliability, Manufacturability & Cost
- Performance specification acceptance - Continuous improvement activities
- Risk analysis and mitigation - Validation of new products
- Degree or equivalent in electronic or mechanical engineering, mechatronics or related product design degree. Proficient CAD user.
- 3D CAD experience. SolidWorks preferable
- Tolerance Stack analysis
- APQP, DFMEA / FMEA DFM analysis
- 8D / DPI analysis
- Route Cause analysis and problem solving
- Capability Analysis Review (CPK/PPK)
- Operational stress and temperature analysis
- Materials choice for manufacturability, operational performance and environmental concerns
- Experience consumer electronics
- Experience with plastic injection moulding
- Working directly with suppliers / manufacturers onsite and remotely.
- Experience with Li-ion battery failure modes- desirable
- Statistical analysis (6-sigma) and Continuous Improvement planning
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment. Please call on 07814547440 OR +44 (0)203 909 3782, or apply via email, for REF - ABJ4583 email@example.com