Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Chemical Process Engineer (Plant Site)
Location: North Midlands, United Kingdom
£Competitive + Benefits
North Midlands ABJ4598
An experienced senior process engineer in the chemicals field is urgently required for a global chemicals company to identify the problems and bottlenecks of the plant using data and self-initiative. As senior process engineer, you will be capable of creating budget costs and justification and apply funds to planning, and execution and deliver projects. This will be part of teams and standalone with control of contract suppliers.
This is a COMAH site.
- Liaises between production, engineering and technical departments on process problems, SHE issues and capacity/development issues under the project scopes
- Responsible for specification, selection and ordering of plant and equipment, negotiating with engineering suppliers of both new and used plant equipment
- Develop plans for new process plant, producing flow sheets, carrying out process calculations and devising relevant control strategies, all based on current regulations or best practise
- Report regularly on progress of projects or studies currently in hand
- Directly responsible for control of costs on approved managed projects
- To record the economic provision of utilities, both those supplied to and generated within the sites, ensuring optimal use and energy efficiency with regard to the legislative and taxation climate requirements.
- Ensures that the company safety and environmental procedures are adhered to at all times, including any directly supervised contract support staff working under guidance.
Key Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (other relevant degrees maybe considered) or equivalent backgrounds.
- Experience of delivering end to end projects in a manufacturing facility, preferably chemical manufacturing.
- High level approach to Health & Safety and clear understanding of the importance of safety
- Strong organisational and planning skills and be able to work on your own initiative where required and make decisions accordingly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you to work with all levels and departments within the company, from the shop floor to senior managers, and to build the confidence of the engineering workforce for delivered projects.
- High level literacy and numeracy skills to write clear and concise procedures and senior management reports
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Powerpoint is essential, Microsoft project would be beneficial
Private health insurance scheme, Company bonus scheme, Contributory pension, Cycle to work scheme
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4598 on 0203 909 3782/ 07814547440 or apply to firstname.lastname@example.org