Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Electromechanical Engineer
Location: South East, United Kingdom
c£up to 75k Base +Bonus
South East, Permanent AB/J4647
As an experienced electronics/ mechanical engineer or physicist with experience of developing products with a pivotal role in the design and development of new products global R&D organisation. This role is responsible to lead the heating, heating material, heating element and relevant system technology and functionality development for the Engineering Department device system.
• Heating/heater technology lead for the new products
• System Design Specification – work with necessary stakeholders and prepare system requirements specification including hardware and software.
• System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis – carry out a range of analysis and investigations to create the user stories and theoretical operation of the system/product
• Investigate new heating technologies and new product developments.
• Evaluate new system design concepts: propose new and different methods and processes to achieve product performance
• Assist project manager with project schedule development and milestone definition
• Lead internal teams and / or development partners to define the expected system functionality and performance targets
• Assist internal teams and / or development partners with product realization activities
• Liaise with cross category architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programs, as well as electrical and physical architecture
• Working with our internal teams and / or development partners, create functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined customer requirements
• Product Verification and Validation – design and develop system integration plan and tests
• Lead System Integration and test (EVT & DVT)
• Assist with safety certification testing and country specific homologation
• Lead cross-functional technical and design reviews on the products
• Responsible for product documentation from initial proposals through first production release
Knowledge, Skills Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanics, Physics or Electrical engineering Master of Science in Electrical Engineering would be preferable
• Working knowledge of heating systems, materials and physics
• Experience in product development: previous product development experience in a related field including heating systems and relevant material development
• Previous experience launching a consumer electronic product into volume production
• Working knowledge of mechanical and simulation design tools: some working knowledge of electrical design tools
• Previous experience developing battery powered consumer electronics devices
• Worked for large OEM or EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services), company in design and development
• Previous experience in Requirements creation and / or product verification testing
• Working knowledge of international safety standards for consumer electronics products
• MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, excel, and word
• Fluent in CAD software use, thermal simulation capabilities preferred
Full Time. Permanent Benefits Package Includes Non-contributory pension, Strong bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, on site gym, subsidised catering.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to ABJ4647 firstname.lastname@example.org