Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Mechanical Project Design Engineer
Location: East Midlands, United Kingdom
Mechanical Project Design Engineer c£38-48k + Benefits + Bonus
East Midlands ABJ4667
A leading manufacturing organisation are urgently recruiting for a permanent, full time mechanical engineer in project and design to carry out using mechanical engineering expertise, mechanical support for the site. As an experienced mechanical engineer you will carry out the mechanical design, specification, procurement and implementation for all capital and plant development projects.
- To carry out all aspects of mechanical work associated with new capital equipment installation and plant upgrades - from conceptual design to handover to manufacturing; to agreed budgets and timescales and in line with applicable Company, HSE and legislative procedures.
- To work closely with the Process Engineers in the development of projects at the initial stage to provide high quality and accurate Installation Diagrams.
- To specify mechanical design aspects for all projects, and develop equipment lists and specifications for issue to suppliers for tender purposes.
- To specify the work required for contract installation work, select contractors and supervise on site activity.
- To prepare training information for the Mechanical and Production teams and carry out training as and when required.
- To produce accurate and complete records and documentation on completion of a project (i.e. equipment specifications, drawings, spares)
- Manage the site construction plan for Mechanical projects.
- Liaison with the Maintenance Team and Production Teams to ensure all new designs and spares are selected and construction activities / downtime maximise the effectiveness of the site.
Skills and Qualifications
BSc, BA or BEng engineering related Degree Mechanical Engineering degree (BSc or BEng) or equiv
Prince2 Practitioner or equiv or strong project management skills.
Current CompEx (or equivalent) training and certification for hazardous area installations
CAD and or Solidworks
Demonstrable previous experience in the following areas:
- The ability to manage large and complex projects with a high level of technical and engineering content.
- Practical knowledge of Process plant installation in hazardous working environments, particularly pumps/agitators, storage tanks, piping and valves. Mechanical system design. Equipment specification and selection
- Effective management of contractors and suppliers.
- Results focused, pro-active and self-motivated individual, with the ability to effectively prioritise and organise.
- Effective working knowledge of British, European and Industry Engineering standards.
- Practical knowledge using of Lean Manufacturing or similar techniques.
Full Time, Permanent Role
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson (T: +44 (0)203 909 3782 / M: +44 (0)7814 547440) ABJ4667. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org