Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Location: South East, United Kingdom
c£Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
South East – Permanent ABJ4686
An Analytical Chemistry Analyst is urgently required for a leading chemicals organisation to prepare and perform complex analytical techniques throughout projects using LC-MS or GC or GC-MS. As analytical chemist you would help to coordinate technical work programs associated with projects with responsibility for delivery of technical objectives. As analytical chemist you would have a good understanding in a specific technical area and is able to bring new thinking in these areas. With a background in analytical chemistry you would also assist in other analytical tasks within the Organic and the Inorganic sections in Chemistry and provide an analytical service to the company and commercial customers.
- Plan and execute analytical project work to develop application and knowledge.
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of LC-MS GC, GC-MS, FT-IR, HPLC and GPC, and the sample preparation attached in the Analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- Assist in the development of new analytical methods as directed and with the support of the method development chemist.
- Pro-actively identify, report on and improve safety related issues using available tools and systems
- Develop and maintain technology expertise and insight in a relevant technical field
- Apply a high level of scientific rigor to the analysis and assessment of data and to draw and present conclusions
- Liaise with internal & external contacts as necessary to track and communicate service activity status.
- To ensure that the maintenance and calibration of at least one of the following pieces of instrumentation GC, GC-MS, FT-IR, HPLC and GPC, and the sample preparation attached in the Analytical laboratory is of a high standard.
- Order goods and services, with approvals, using SAP.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Background in Chemistry or analytical chemistry preferable to degree level.
- Understanding of principles of method development/validation
- Existing knowledge of good laboratory practice gained either via previous laboratory experience
- To have worked to ISO17025
- Relevant experience in analytical, polymer or coatings environment.
- Analytical expertise in at least one of the following GC, GC-MS, LC-MS and FT-IR. Understanding of method development/validation
- Knowledge of working to UKAS
- Good organisation and communication skills. Good numeracy, literacy and computer literacy required.
The benefits package includes discretionary bonus, 25 days holiday per annum, company pension scheme and life assurance.
To Apply Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4686, Please call on 0203 9093782, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to email@example.com