Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Senior Scientist – Neuroscience (Neuroscientist/ Neurobiologist)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
Up to 78k + Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ4742
An experienced neuroscientist (neurobiologist) is urgently required to build neurological capability and establish neurological models to enable assessment of concepts of products for a global company.
As a senior scientist in neuroscience (neuroscientist /neurobiologist) you will assess opportunities and threats presented by these emerging concepts whilst ensuring alignment with the wider R&D strategy and strategic priorities of the company.
- Establish fundamental neurological science and develop capabilities in key areas of interest.
- Define and oversee the neurological evaluation of emerging technologies to prove efficacy and assess opportunity/threat.
- Lead/participate in relevant cross-functional teams to drive the neuroscience agenda
- Establish yourself as a domain expert (SME) & provide support and guidance to the wider New Sciences team.
- Construct a network of external partners to support your activities
- Stay abreast of relevant developments in neuroscience and related fields.
- Create protocols for claims testing working with external partners
- Manage external collaborations with thought leaders, institutes, start-ups and multinationals.
- Develop papers for publication and present at relevant internal and external forums.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Educated to bachelor’s degree (or higher) in neuroscience with experience
- Experience in FMCG or medical field
- Significant demonstrable experience with humans,– ideally with experience using GSR/EDA, EEG, and other physiological measures.
- Demonstrable experience crafting statistically rigorous experiment design (both design & analysis)
- Deep expertise in large-scale digital experimentation, including a strong grasp of concepts such as hypothesis testing and standard design and analysis techniques
- Ability to rapidly break complex questions into simple, testable hypotheses
- Experience in consumer electronics or neuropharmacology or pharmacokinetics beneficial
- Previous research and publication record, and member or accreditation of a recognized body - e.g. British Neuroscience Association (or equivalent) – would be an advantage
- Data manipulation & programming experience in one or more of the following software or languages – e.g. SAS, MATLAB, Simulink., R, C, Python, or other equivalents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and can implement technologies developed from R&D into a highly regulated environment.
Benefits: Base salary from £62,400 to £78,000 per year, strong bonus Car allowance, 25 days annual leave Company Share Reward Scheme, Company Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, Flexible Benefits Scheme
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting ABJ4742 on 0203 909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to email@example.com