Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Formulations Chemist (New Product Development) - Coatings
Location: South East, United Kingdom
c£40-55k + Bonus
South East AB/J4728
An experienced formulation chemist in product development will provide the lead New Product Development Technologist within the technology function to develop new chemical products. As an experienced formulation chemist in product development you would use your coating and paints knowledge to make a meaningful contribution to the business through the development and commercial impact of new products in exciting areas outside of the company’s core product range. This is a unique opportunity to work as part of a dedicated and strategic team looking for opportunities to apply the company’s chemistry and capabilities into adjacent industries from their core product range. There will be opportunities to develop and bring to market novel products aimed at solving key challenges within the Paints and Coatings industry. This will be a newly created role for a formulations chemist to take the lead in this personal care field for the company and shape this area for the business!
- To manage and execute long and short term development activities to the plan for the Product Development Department with respect to coatings and paints.
- Developing additives used in innovative paint products and specialty finishes.
- Maintaining and implementing robust Product Testing and Product Feedback tracking to ensure efficient development process.
- Effectively utilising standard testing protocol to ensure products created satisfy testing requirements.
- Interfacing with Purchasing to further develop supplier relationships
- Providing accurate information as it relates to compliance and acceptance of new materials and new formulations to meet governmental requirements.
- Providing technical and educational support or assistance to chemists, technicians, and lab support.
- Working with Operations Team to implement appropriate procedures and/or processes for all products.
- Assisting sales development, communication and strategy
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- PhD (preferably) or equivalent qualification incorporating aspects of Chemistry, OR Polymer Science, Materials Science, or a related subject
- Significant formulation experience in industrial paints and coatings
- An understanding of critical technology used in industrial paints and coatings to enable the development of new products and their entry into the marketplace
- A wide network with key suppliers, testing service providers and potential customers
- The capability to accurately interpret technical information, analyze data and maintain comprehensive records of laboratory activities
- Enthusiasm to pursue wider responsibilities within the group (e.g. safety, quality, inclusivity etc.) in order to progress their personal development.
- Strong commitment to HSE and quality values
- Strong sense of urgency and able to drive work forward to meet targets and timelines
They offer an attractive salary (dependent on experience), commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson on 0203909 3782 / 07814547440 or apply to ABJ4728 firstname.lastname@example.org