Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . principal . Scientific
Data Scientist / Statistician (PhD level)
Location: South , United Kingdom
c£34k-50k Bonus+ Benefits
South Ref: ABJ4752
An experienced PhD level data scientist is urgently required for data analyses across a range of studies is for a Global organisation. The Data Science team work closely with scientists and engineers, using data to provide insights and solve real world problems.
Collaborating with internal teams and playing a key role in external industry groups, the Data Science team use their diverse experience and skills to enable superior data driven decision making. In addition to solving specific scientific and engineering problems, the team also develop and maintain models, internal software tools and training to support a global leader.
- Develop tools and techniques to produce creative solutions which meet the needs of the team.
- Present data insights, hypothesis, and proposals in a clear and meaningful manner
- Act as an internal Data Science consultant, actively seeking opportunities to acquire and analyse data to support scientific and engineering decision making
- Support colleagues in the use of statistics and data science tools and techniques
- Develop and maintain models for global Technology teams
- Further develop skills in data retrieval, manipulation, analysis, modelling and visualisation
- Experience in developing, supporting and maintaining internal data science software tools
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally a PhD in Statistics, Data Science, or in a scientific field with a strong statistical content
- An inquisitive, problem-solving nature with excellent technical competencies and the desire to learn
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience in Design of Experiments, regression modelling and data manipulation
- Ability to work autonomously and manage priorities, while retaining a collaborative and inclusive approach with others
- Experience in coding and with statistical or data science software packages is a plus – ability to learn is necessary
Salary dependent on experience - could take a PhD graduate or someone with experience.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson at Hudson Shribman Scientific Recruitment, Please call on 0203909 3782 or 07814547440 OR the job title and reference code in the subject field to: email@example.com