Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Packaging Development Technologist
Location: South East, United Kingdom
c£45-55k + Bonus + Benefits
South East ABJ4758
As Packaging development technologist with expertise in injection moulding packaging you will translate marketing concepts, consumer insights and research led innovations into transformational packaging for worldwide markets. As a packaging technologist with injection moulding experience you will develop, qualify, specify and manage wrapping materials across in line with the cycle plan using appropriate processes, systems, methods, technologies and supply sources.
Working alongside specialists you will develop relationships with suppliers and identify opportunities to expand third party networks which support the delivery of excellence in packaging structures, materials and process engineering, and enable rapid prototyping.
- Provide Technical expertise on injection moulded packaging and material specifications to internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with project initiators, including Marketing, Operations, LEX, to scope any new wrapping material project, and provide relevant information to project stakeholders
- Establish material/ specifications with relevant property descriptions and production tolerances
- Provide technical input and recommendations on all wrapping material development related matters, technical training and development
- Develop, evaluate, qualify and specify injection moulded plastic materials, formats and modify existing ones in conjunction with suppliers, factories, marketing, procurement and supply chain
- Investigate alternative cost-effective plastic resins to ensure all projects are delivered within required budget and initiate cost reduction initiatives
- Support the development of new injection moulding tools together with external partners
- Evaluate and assess injection moulding process and parts produced and drive improvement actions based on conducted route cause analysis
- Define a trial plan to qualify new materials (MQS)
- Define, guide and manage the approval process of any injection moulding specifications in the Final approver of packaging specification and recipes
- Develop key packaging supplier capabilities across the region to roll out new technologies
- Manage the identification and reduction of wrapping material complexity to increase productivity
Skills and Qualification
- Degree ideally in a scientific, materials engineering or technical discipline.
- Vast experience in plastics injection moulding packaging development with agility, personally engaging in developing the appropriate packaging solutions for all new products and getting them ready for commercialisation.
- Excellent relevant technical experiences with thorough knowledge of plastic moulding related materials and ingredients, material production processes and material properties/behaviours related to all packaging wrapping materials
- Expert knowledge of packaging design, material selection and processing equipment in injection moulding
- Good expert knowledge of materials testing methods, related equipment and statistical process control
- Good knowledge and experience of injection moulded plastic printing and process will be an advantage
- Excellent computer literacy (MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, SAP)
- Good understanding of packaging manufacturing processes.
- Creative, entrepreneurial, dynamic, can-do attitude.
They can offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as a Strong Bonus Scheme, Contributory Company Pension Scheme and Subsidised Private Medical Insurance.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson (T: 0203 909 3782 / +44 (0)7814 547440) directly, outlining your particular skills, experience and relevance to this post (ABJ4758) Email email@example.com