Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Mechanical or Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering Technician
Location: South East, United Kingdom
c£Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
South East ABJ4775
A leading chemicals/ materials manufacturing organisation are urgently recruiting for a mechanical or electrical engineer with instrumentation (preferably) experience to carry out maintenance engineering work on a plant site and service equipment.
- Support the department with the engineering works & its risk profile by carrying out maintenance activities both preventative and reactive as required.
- Monitor and maintain, in conjunction with Production, all site services.
- Implement plant modifications to accommodate changes in processing procedures and new technology/techniques.
- To promote a culture of continuous improvement and seek new ways to improve processes in order to maximise availability of plant and equipment, in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Establish, when appropriate, and maintain high level of standards (5s) in the workshop, stores, and any work areas.
- Continuously improve, suggest amendments and update engineering documentation.
- Follow all Engineering, Site and Business Processes as required.
- Follow HSE and business standards.
Knowledge and Skills
- Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation engineer with Relevant Maintenance experience,
- Experience in maintenance on a manufacturing / plant site essential.
- Ideally COMPEX 1-4 or 11 qualified
- Organised with high attention to detail
- Previous knowledge of working on a COMAH site. (desirable)
- Knowledge of regulations and standards for mechanical specifications, installation and maintenance with specific reference to hazardous area application (desirable)
- Experience of working in the chemical, materials, steel or oil and gas industry.
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ4775 (T: +44 (0)203 909 3782 / M: +44 (0)7814 547440) Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org