Due to security issues and the nature of the industry many of our clients require us to maintain their anonymity until a CV has been submitted. If you need more details about our current opportunities please submit your CV here. We will not put you forward to the client until we’ve discussed the role with you in more detail and you have agreed that it is a position you would like to apply for. We are only permitted to disclose certain information when we believe the candidate is qualified and is likely to reach the interview stage.
All Categories . Aerospace & Automotive . Biopharmaceuticals & Biotechnology . Chemicals . Electronics & I.T. . Energy, Environment & Utilities . Engineering . FMCG & Pharmaceuticals . Marine & Defence . Scientific
Chief Medical Officer (CMO) / Medical Adviser (CMA)
Location: South East, United Kingdom
Chief Medical Officer (CMO) / Medical Adviser (CMA) c130k-160k + Strong Bonus
South East Ref: ABJ4790
As a Chief Medical Officer (Medical Adviser) reporting report directly to R&D director for a global company, the primary role of the CMO will be:-
- To provide medical advice and recommendations on clinical trial design, running and monitoring of subjects in the companies sponsored clinical studies.
- To provide medical advice and recommendations to the Human Research Committee and Product Stewardship Council, where appropriate.
- As part of post market surveillance operations to provide medical advice and recommendations in response to health adverse events (AEs).
The CMO will be accountable for ensuring that the sponsors medical responsibilities are performed to the required standards through close working with the Principal Investigator (PI) at each of the clinical study sites. The CMO will play a critical role in study design, monitoring the trials and evaluating the data to GCP.
The CMO will be instrumental in assessing clinical endpoints for their disease relevance, specifically for oxidative stress and inflammation, cardiovascular disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
The CMO will review subject eligibility queries originating from investigator sites, reviewing concomitant medications or other on-study events during clinical conduct, assessing the safety and scientific implications. The CMO will provide timely recommendations on the continued eligibility of study subjects on a case by case basis.
- Provide medical oversight to all company clinical studies. Clinical centres are global.
- Provide advice and support to the company Clinical Research team.
- Advise on the analysis and interpretation of clinical trial data and the reporting of clinical trial results.
- Participation in PSC / HRC meetings, as required, to advise on any medical aspects and make appropriate recommendations
- Assist in regulatory engagement on the science of the product.
- Assist in the writing of peer-review publications and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Assist with the formulation of the company responses to externally published science on company products (whether this is to support or counter such publications).
- Provide advice and critique on the company’s scientific program for human science and clinical research.
- Facilitate interactions with academic opinion leaders, investigators, and other clinical stakeholders.
- Assist with all trial related Pharmacovigilance matters
- Provide guidance for the wider organisation on any medical Issue, Priority and Description of any new or update to an Adverse Event/Serious Adverse Event, as requested
Qualifications, Education and Experience:-
- Experience in General/Internal/Acute medicine at Consultant level, ideally with specific training in cardio-respiratory and metabolism.
- A wealth of clinical experience managing patients.
- Experience as a clinical trial investigator
- Must have a thorough knowledge of clinical research concepts, practices, and GCP and ICH Guidelines.
- Good awareness of product development pipelines and competitive environment/market would be a benefit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
- Offer a hands-on approach and work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to “make things happen” and driving initiatives to a successful completion.
- Ability to attend F2F meetings and to travel domestically and internationally as and when required.
They can offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as a Strong Bonus Scheme, Car Allowance, Share Options, Contributory Company Pension Scheme and Subsidised Private Medical Insurance as part of a strong flexible benefits package.
Some flexibility on base location for the role holder.
To Apply Please contact Alison Basson at, quoting reference - Ref:ABJ4790 on 0203 909 3782, 07814547440 or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org